The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Belly Servante - Tommy Wonder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Clothing requirements? A shirt and a pair os suspenders.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
The Silent Butler by Precision Magic and the Workeroo by James Brown would be two options, if you can find them available. There is one other type that predated these items but I forget the name of the item and the creator. I believe it was sold by a German Magic shop.
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
I use a belt servante that I've built. The loose end of your belt can creat a little pocket when latched. I've made a pouch that fits into the snaps of belts that have detachable buckles. Just imagine a pocket right at your belt buckle that you can drop a coin into.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Quote:
On 2009-07-30 12:25, echomagic wrote:
The Silent Butler by Precision Magic and the Workeroo by James Brown would be two options, if you can find them available. There is one other type that predated these items but I forget the name of the item and the creator. I believe it was sold by a German Magic shop.

Mr Anders of the Netherlands

James Brown no longer sells the Workeroo but has said that he might come back to the idea in a few years when he has had time to develope the idea.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
"If yer belly is bigger 'n yer waist, then any pouch on the belt will be covered by a lose hangin' shirt. All ya gotta do is sew a fake button on yer shirt and leave a bitty gap. I kin do rickoshey shots with coins and balls."

ferky
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2009-08-01 06:12, Zerububle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-30 12:25, echomagic wrote:

Mr Anders of the Netherlands

James Brown no longer sells the Workeroo but has said that he might come back to the idea in a few years when he has had time to develope the idea.

To further quote, Direct Link by John Anders
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Cheers Chris - couldn't remember the detail!
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
A cummerbund can not run out of fashion. It is a part of formal wear... But there are alternatives. Even for tuxedos there once were vests. They had a large cutout in the front (like a vest fot tails), were made from black silk and were fastened like a tails vest. I my opinion they even look much better than a cummerbund.

There also exist "Spanish" trousers. The waistband is much higher - it looks like a pair of trousers with a permanent cummerbund. They are sold for waiters - then they are fully washable too!

A sash tied round your hips can fulfill the function of a cummerbund - maybe you look like Erol Flynn and already needed some mounting for your (card) sword? A japanese samurai would wear a sash called obi. Construction workers wear safety harnesses, waiters can tie an apron around their hips. All this clothing can be gaffed...
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Link to Precision seems to be dead/
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
John Anders was exactly the name I was trying to think of. Thanks.
sterlingsteal
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of sterlingsteal
I have not seen the belly servante by Tommy Wonder or Norm Nealson,, I created The Sash Servante in the late 70s, I showed it at my dealers booth 1985 IBM Kansas city Convention, A cumber bun in any color with a aluminum structure , it opened when you pulled your belly in, I think the cumber bun style was going out and they wernt a big seller at $35,, a couple years later I had about 20 laying around, I advertised them for $95 each and sold them all over seas and never made any more and had not seen anything like them, Don Esposeto sold some of them, he owned P & L Magic then
I was always interested in what you ware as a magic weapon, I am the creator of THIS IS IT , DVD (Intensive training), Vesting,Stealing,Topit & Sleeving ,fot close up, Restaurant & stage Coins to birds,, I have a great Review from Garrett Bringman of FISM you can direct any questions to me here or at sterlingstealmagic@hotmail.com
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I prefer the Gary Kurtz style of vest he was using in the 80s over a cummerbund. The cummerbund can only be worn with formal attire, but the vest is versatile. You need 3 - 1 for casual with jeans, 1 finer to match a suit, 1 formal to match your tux and tie. All occassions covered and the utility functions the same every time.
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett
Sterlingsteal, I think I bought one of your aluminum-reinforced cumberbund servants years ago. I bought if from Arthur Emerson. Did you sell any to him?
Dan Garrett
www.dangarrettmagic.com
SAM National President 1994-1995
MIMC with Gold Star - London
email request to dangarrett@aol.com to receive a free catalog
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have one of the brass and cloth Norm Nielsen ones I'd probably sell if anyone is interested. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
I have the original belly servante from the Tommy Wonder State he used in nest of Boxes
Step into the unknown
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Lotsa dead links in this thread...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
Does anyone use workeroo here??
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
I´m the proud owner of the original Tommy Wonder belly servante.
I purchased it from his Estate to Frank, his brother.It came with a authenticity certificate

Maybe there are more out there
Step into the unknown
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If anyone is searching for a way to make one, check out Eleazar's version in his "Ultimate Torn and Restored Newspaper" in his book "Tear-able Magic" on my site. A.k.a. Ee-Gee-Fiki, he calls his version a "Tuck-It."

More recently, Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki worked out a version to wear with a T-Shirt, which he sometimes makes use of in performing my "Signed Card to Sealed Deck" found in The Wizards' Journal #13 (also on my site). Note: he is using an alternate "thing" in his demonstration video, and in the e-Book he explains both the T-Shirt Tuck-It as well as other versions which work well with the card trick that is the focus of the e-Book, including what he is doing in the video to "make the magic happen."
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Belly Servante - Tommy Wonder (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL