The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SCAM 09 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I am loading out tonight to be on my way to SCAM.

Hope to see you all there!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
SCAM is tomorrow guys!!!

If you can come please do!!!

http://www.scamcon.org

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
So can anyone give a rundown of the convention? I am sorry I missed it, but health reasons kept me away. I hope it was a great convention, it is always one of my favorite gatherings!

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
It was a great convention!

If you missed it you missed out on some great talent. I don't have the time to give a full run down but the talent, the shows, the people, the place, and everything else inbetween was great.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
whtdoveprodjv
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of whtdoveprodjv
Everything ran smoothly! All involved entertainers/committee/attendees had a wonderful time. Lectures were well attended and all shows close-up/cabaret/Saturday Night Show were all VERY entertaining. Between the lectures, the catching up with old friend to the convention iteself, where else would you see and "Erdanse Lecture" by the one and only Allan Ackerman, to the absolutely beautiful "Kiss Act" by Boris Wild, some very skillful drumming and magic by Ed "Fastest Hands" Ellis, the completely out of left field David London, and see Francis Menotti DIE! only on the SCAM bill (or so we/they hope). It was a lot of fun, very relaxed and everyone had a great time.
francismenotti
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
15 Posts

Profile of francismenotti
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 19:32, whtdoveprodjv wrote:

and see Francis Menotti DIE! only on the SCAM bill (or so we/they hope). It was a lot of fun, very relaxed and everyone had a great time.

Oh, come on... the act wasn't THAT bad, was it? ;-) Glad you enjoyed. We did have a good time.

-fjm-
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 11:24, Scott Compton wrote:
So can anyone give a rundown of the convention? I am sorry I missed it, but health reasons kept me away. I hope it was a great convention, it is always one of my favorite gatherings!

Scott

Scott,

Did you have to say "rundown"? Yes, I was there, but I was "UP".

Facilities were so nice I wondered how we afforded them! It was really a closeup convention. My favorite there was Boris Wild. Boris is a great pro every step of the way! Lots of old and new friends took part. Boris got the canned SCAM award.

It was cold outside but we had no reason to let that bother us. Things were scheduled too tightly to notice. (Hair was optional! Don't tell Barry I said that.)

Attendence was not up to expectations, but except for you, all the good looking folks were there. We had a great time.

By July, I hope that you declare independence and join us in Nashville for the IBM Convention. (How else would we kow we were in Tennessee?)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
dbuckalew
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of dbuckalew
Very good convention, there was truly something for everyone and I learned a lot and meet some great people. The only disappointing lecture was Francis Menotti, must have had a really off day, and it was late.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Bob, It was a pleasure to get to meet you. Even though you gave it your best shot, Mark Mason still sounded like an Englishman when he left.

I agree that it did end up being more heavily weighted to close up than I was hoping for. Fortunately that and whatever other issues may have cropped up (haven't had much chance to talk to others yet) are correctable from my view.

I loved both Francis' lecture and his act Saturday night. Boris' linking ring act was the best I have ever seen. Meeting Eric and seeing Alan's lectures were also highlights. Hope to see those of you who can make it back next year.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Well, it sounds like another GREAT SCAM convention. As I said, I always enjoy this convention. Great people and great times. I was wondering who won the SCAM award. Being a close-up kinda guy anyway, I am sorry that I couldn't make it out there. I usually spend the first weekend of Jan in Columbia, the first weekend of Feb in Columbus and the first weekend of Mar in Pigeon Forge. Unfortunately this year I will only make Pigeon Forge (health reasons is the only reason I couldn't/can't make it), but next year I will be back on schedule.

We had Boris here a year last year and he was great. I am SO sorry I missed Alan Ackerman and Ed Ellis. Hats off the to the Columbia crew for putting everything together. I will see everyone next year!

Thanks for the run-up!

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Francis was a little sick but still had so much to offer in his lectures and shows. He is a great mind in magic.

-M
whtdoveprodjv
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of whtdoveprodjv
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 14:03, francismenotti wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 19:32, whtdoveprodjv wrote:

and see Francis Menotti DIE! only on the SCAM bill (or so we/they hope). It was a lot of fun, very relaxed and everyone had a great time.

Oh, come on... the act wasn't THAT bad, was it? ;-) Glad you enjoyed. We did have a good time.

-fjm-

Francis, you killed us...get it killed us..........okay nevermind!
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Hey this was my very first convention and I have to admit it has got the magic blood flowing I am now starting to get really interested in magic more now and hope to pursue more teachings and learn thanks to all who helped and performed...even though I felt a little uncomfortable, but hopefully with the next one I go to I hope not to feel like a minority
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Where are you from hefemexy?
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
I am in NC, but my family lives in columbia
Okay, I give up what was your card?

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SCAM 09 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL