The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Copperfield uses sleight of hand... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
David Copperfield uses sleight of hand to fool a thief that his pockets are empty..., when they really aren't.

I've heard he does this, but I can't confirm if it actually happened. How is it possible to do this? It would be great to know and use sleight of hand for us magicians in everyday situations like this, is this story true?
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
I have heard the same story. Not sure if it's true or not. I have a similar story that happened to me when I was younger and I went to visit some family. I was with my cousin at the mall and we were walking back to his house. An older guy walked up to me and pulled out a knife and told me to empty my pockets. Since I was on vacation I had a lot of money in my pocket and didn't want him to see it. When I took my pocket and pulled it inside out I shifted the money to the back of the pocket so it was concealed on the back side. He didn't see the money and let me go.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quick search of the Café yielded this:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=62

The search function here is a fine tool, give it a try!

Mick
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I didn't realize David's middle name was copper. Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
LOL
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
I have played many shows as a trumpet player at the building in West Palm where David and cast were mugged.

The area where it happened is on a back street, not well lit, and has been the seen of similar incidents with other touring shows and bands, not to mention the people like me and other symphony and band members who are basically considered locals.

The ironic thing is that there is a security guard stationed inside the building, only yards away from where the mugging took place. I can't think of how many times I would stand outside in the rain pressing the buzzer to get in for a sound check or rehearsal only to wait for up to ten minutes while the guard was off getting a soda or something else he considered more important than his job !

West Palm takes great pains to appear to be a well-heeled community, but the loading dock at Kravis Center is not the safest place after dark.
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Copperfield uses sleight of hand... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL