The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mr Daba's Incredible Gimmick - Visual Rubber Band Link (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Does anyone have this? Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

http://twistermagic.com/index.php?main_p......cts_id=9

Looks pretty clean.

Here is the direct link to the YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-IiRDZeseA

The dealer blurb:

Quote:
"From Mr. Daba another visual magic effect!

Two rubber bands are given for examination. Now by placing them together they magically link and unlink to the magician’s command.

Show a rope and a ring and pass it for examination. Now link and unlink both of them in a visual, fast, and puzzling way.

Your spectators will not believe how fast this will occur in front of their eyes.

The Incredible Gimmick is a versatile gimmick that will allow you to do a lot of magic tricks. By putting some of your creativity and imagination you will be able to create more and more tricks each time."
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Looks like: Link DVD by Nabil

Maybe wrong!
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Looks a bit like Caveney's Linking Coathangers.
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Anyone using this?
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I agree with meyegr. It looks like Caveney's Impromptu Linking Coathangers. It's a neat idea, but it's situational and not for close-up.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 13:25, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
It's a neat idea, but it's situational and not for close-up.

I wondered about that , whether it would be something that could be used close-up or if it is only appropriate for stand-up/stage . Even so , with the large rubber bands it's pretty visual and the "tugging" moves he did looked convincing.

I wonder if this is so new that no one has brought it yet ? (or it's the same thing as Nabil's Link ? )

For $15.00 I'm tempted.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 15:34, David Todd wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 13:25, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
It's a neat idea, but it's situational and not for close-up.

I wondered about that , whether it would be something that could be used close-up or if it is only appropriate for stand-up/stage . Even so , with the large rubber bands it's pretty visual and the "tugging" moves he did looked convincing.

I wonder if this is so new that no one has brought it yet ? (or it's the same thing as Nabil's Link ? )

For $15.00 I'm tempted.

It's not new; as mentioned above this is an adaptation of Mike Caveney's gimmick that has already been published on Nabil Murday's Link! DVD.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 15:42, Doctor D wrote:

It's not new; as mentioned above this is an adaptation of Mike Caveney's gimmick that has already been published on Nabil Murday's Link! DVD.

Thanks everyone who mentioned that this was already published on Nabil Murday's DVD "LINK!" .

I was unfamiliar with Nabil's DVD , but based on what I read here I purchased it this week and it arrived today. After watching the DVD (which has some great work on the basic "Crazy Man's Handcuffs" linking bands ) it is clear to me that the visual rubber band linking shown on Nabil's DVD is the same thing that is being marketed as "Mr. Daba's Incredible Gimmick" (or very close to it) . I'm glad I got the Nabil Murday "LINK!" DVD because it has so much more material on it that relates to linking bands.
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of james1a
I guess that Mr Daba is not a member of this forum.
james1a
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mr Daba's Incredible Gimmick - Visual Rubber Band Link (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL