The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stuff from Uday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WV
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa, Durban
293 Posts

Profile of WV
Hi.

I just want to know how good is the quality of some of the Uday products. There is a lot of interesting stuff that I can use in my routines, but I'm not sure if the cheap prices is directly related to the quality?
Vernesto

"I'm not perfect, just forgiven!"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It really depends on the item specifically. And it will be better to bring it up in the section "The Good, the Bad, and the Garbage". "Tricks & Effects" will be the right heading to place the thread in.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Magic catalogs can highlight many interesting tricks but are the methods the ones that are practical for performances. Quality is another issue.

It is best to check out the Café section Dynamike suggested so you get an idea on the various reviews and discussions on those items.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I can only comment on the linking rings - for the price they are excellent, better than some of the more expensive ones. Don't know how they hold up over the long haul, though.

Jim
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
I have a set of UDAY copper cups (combo set) and I absolutely love them...They have always been one of my favorite props I own as the cups and balls are one of my favorite effects...granted I have never had the opportunity to compare them to cups of a higher price range. I guess it depends on your wallet, level of experience, and interests. Which props are you specifically looking into?

-Vinny
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
UDAY's shrinking cigarette is cheap and fun, quality seems to be good enough
WV
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa, Durban
293 Posts

Profile of WV
Quote:
On 2008-10-22 18:43, vpatanio wrote:
I have a set of UDAY copper cups (combo set) and I absolutely love them...They have always been one of my favorite props I own as the cups and balls are one of my favorite effects...granted I have never had the opportunity to compare them to cups of a higher price range. I guess it depends on your wallet, level of experience, and interests. Which props are you specifically looking into?

-Vinny

Mostly the linking rings and some of their sils (20th Century silks) and then some tuff for kids, like the Milk Magazine ($2) and there are some other odd ones. But the most prominent ones I'll be using in my performance will be the rings and silks.
Vernesto

mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
As a dealer - we see UDAY items come and go... people seem to like them. They are low cost, and for the money, decent quality. Some items are built great...some are terrible.. it really depends on the specific item.

Feel free to PM with any specific item and I will be happy to let you know my opinion on it. We have seen most uday items, and can get them from our suppliers when needed.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Mark, is Uday what used to be Sam Dalal? I haven't seen any of his stuff around for a while...
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
I know his rabbit box isn't much. I have never seen a Uday product that I liked. I Wouldn't buy their products but that is just me. If there is anything good out there by Uday I would love to hear about it.
magickleark
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of magickleark
I know so many manufacturer from india while I visit asia during my show I meet them regular.as I know uday is not manufacturer but he buy and sell in the magic delars
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Some are good, some are bad. I'd do a bit of research on the items you want.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
WV
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa, Durban
293 Posts

Profile of WV
Is the ROPE TO SILK and 20TH CENTURY SILKS any good?
Vernesto

phoogestijn
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
26 Posts

Profile of phoogestijn
Sorry, I'm quite a newbie... Am I right by concluding that Uday is a manufacturer of magic tricks?
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
The rope to silk and 20th century are decent.

Phoogestijn, yes, UDAY is a manufacturer and exporter of magic items - mainly low cost items.

Some of the items are very poor quality, some others are very nice.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Uday's turned solid wooden pull/vanisher is exquisite!! It's finished with many coats of gloss lacquer so it sticks good in a warm hand, but slides between a coat and blouse/shirt like a rocket when you let it go. It's small enough for some sleeve work too and will hold a 24 inch silk with ease. Most places have them for just under $4.00 to $5.00. Madhatter has them for $1.00. I have 3 of them (one is a spare) and usually leave them in my performing jacket unless they're going to the cleaner's.

Uday's appearing fans of jumbo cards are great too.

I, like another poster above have the Uday copper cups. They are a bit light, but look gorgeous and are an excellent starter set. I finally deserve a more premium set of cups (I'm lusting for a set of Magic Wagon's "Cups From The Underworld"). I put off learning the cups and balls for about 50 years. My loss. The lessons they teach in learning them are invaluable. Everybody interested in magic should get or be given a set. It's like a "Right of Passage" that I finally put behind me.

dsalley13
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
Samdalal and Uday are not the same person.Uday is actually a really good performer.I saw him in a magic show indian magic star in youtube in 2010. His presentations of some his products in youtube definitely do not do justice to him .I'll try to find the links and post them soon .
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It's hard enough to find certain props at any price/quality...

I've never seen any Uday products that were not, at least, serviceable.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stuff from Uday (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL