The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible deck break-in (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
Does anyone have some input on how to break-in a new invisible deck? Just bought one from the local magic shop and you'd swear the cards are "glued" together.

Hopefully someone has found a way to make these "new" decks usable.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Shooz
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Try lightly rubbing each roughed side a few strokes back and forth across a carpet.

M&S
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Use a "light touch" when separating for the display of the selected card.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Shop-made IDs are a bit like shop-made stripper decks; they can be a bit random. I think this is why a lot of ID users tend eventually to make their own. It's certainly why I do. When I use my ID, I lick the middle finger of my pushing off hand and rub it against the thumb to gain more control over new and tight decks and also older looser ones.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I usually have the opposite problem. I suspect once your cards "loosen up" you'll have an excellent deck to work with.

Jim
Pastor Mickey
View Profile
New user
Colorado
97 Posts

Profile of Pastor Mickey
I've found the longer they sit on the shelf (in a store), the more this is a problem. As Jon_Thompson said above, that's why I make my own. Really pretty easy and much more reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible deck break-in (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL