The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Power Word: FALL review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Great effect!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2009-01-28 14:24, Jerskin wrote:
Great effect!

Thanks! Enjoy the reactions you get with Power Word: Fall! -Matt
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
I am humbled by the following review just posted in the latest and greatest section. Thank you!
Quote:
On 2009-03-09 16:21, awgreenarrow08 wrote:
I got mine the other day, and I must say I kicked myself when Matt revealed the secret. It's so simple, yet nobody will ever suspect a thing! I've already performed it a few times. The first time I performed it, the specator accused me of blowing over the marker. So the next time I set up about 6 or 7 different markers all over the table and backed away from the table even more than I had the first time. Let's just say he didn't accuse me of blowing the markers again! In fact, he simply got up from the table and walked away, the effect left him speechless. If there is anyone reading this who doesn't own the effect yet, GO BUY IT NOW!!! I promise you won't regret it. I'm looking foward to seeing what else Matt has to come out with. If it's anywhere near how great Power Word: Fall is, you can bet I'll be buying. 10/10 in my book!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm a bit late to the party for Power Word, but just got this and was knocked out by the simplicity of the method and the power of it. You can stand back and without any hand movement, the object falls.

Typical great work by the Paper Crane folks on the DVD.

Beautiful effect!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Silver107
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Silver107
I am also concerned about the "special items". Where would I get them? Would I possibly already have them because of my prior experience with magic effcts?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yes you may have them, they are easy to find. The Method is what is valuable on this one.
P3
practice practice perform.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I purchased this so I thought I would chime in. What I'm about to say is only MY opinion...

Is it a good effect? Yes. Will I use it in my work? No. Perhaps I will try it in my home or if I set it up somewhere but its not the "it will pay for itself" type trick in my eyes. Did it warrant the one trick DVD? Maybe...but I don't think so.

I'm starting to feel like John Lovick(Reviewer in Magic Magazine)who says that by buying these one trick dvd's you are supporting the problem. You can buy Jon Leclair's video/dvd with gimmick and learn a whole slew of things. Or you can get the Ammar ETMTM series which is also far more bang for your buck. These are just a few examples of things out there that give far more value in my opinion.

Also, think of it this way. You pay $20 to see a lecture that is a few hours long and it includes at least a fair amount of material. This(Power Word) could be taught to someone in about 1 minute. Do you see where I'm going with this? I just think that with things being the way they are(economy) its time to get more bang for your buck. This could have been a simple PDF, it is very easy to understand. There are books and dvds out there that have piles of usable material in them for the same price or less. This is a single "cool" idea.

Please understand that I'm not "picking" on this dvd alone, its just that I purchased it so I figured this was the best place to speak my mind. Again, these are just my opinions, your mileage may vary...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Power Word: FALL review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL