The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I have a idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 11:54, airship wrote:
The problem with having a forum for discussing politics and religion is that I'm the only one here who knows what he's talking about.

And I'm sure you feel the same way.

Nope. I have no clue.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 11:54, airship wrote:
The problem with having a forum for discussing politics and religion is that I'm the only one here who knows what he's talking about.

And I'm sure you feel the same way.

Some forums have a feature where you can "up-ding" a post to show your approval. If the Magic Café had such a feature, I would definitely give this post an "up-ding"!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2008-11-05 15:29, Tom Bartlett wrote:
Just think of all the elements politics and magic have in common: We use deception, misdirection and illusion. We need great public speaking skills, the ability to hold the attention of our audience while being entertaining yet personal and reaching out to each and everyone. In addition to all that we need the ability to deal with hecklers of all kinds.

So why wouldn’t this be the perfect place to discuss these things?

The hard part would be making sure that both political sides are expressed exactly evenly. You wouldn't want the Magic Café to be shut down by the federal government, would you?
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2008-11-07 00:17, Scott Cram wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-05 15:29, Tom Bartlett wrote:
Just think of all the elements politics and magic have in common: We use deception, misdirection and illusion. We need great public speaking skills, the ability to hold the attention of our audience while being entertaining yet personal and reaching out to each and everyone. In addition to all that we need the ability to deal with hecklers of all kinds.

So why wouldn’t this be the perfect place to discuss these things?

The hard part would be making sure that both political sides are expressed exactly evenly. You wouldn't want the Magic Café to be shut down by the federal government, would you?
They have not shut down CBS, NBC, ABC,CNN. There are plenty of one sided blogs on the internet that have not been shut down either. So by what right would the Feds have to shut down the Magic Café?
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
None yet - but under the coming fairness censorship, er, censorship doctrine (or whatever they're calling it), complete fairness will be required.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I have a idea (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL