The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My mom just passed. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Brian, I hadn't seen this until now, but just want to say my thoughts are with you, especially during the holiday season. Your Boise Pal, Vic
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Brian,
I just also found this thread. My prayers are with you all in this time.

Our families do not often understand why we spend so much time with our magical friends but this is one of those times that helps them understand a little.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
It has been nearly a year. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. I am dreading next Sunday, the 1 year anniversary of her death. But I will be comforted in knowing that on Sunday I'll be performing in one of my restaurants. I will be doing what she helped me start... my magic. My wife will be out of town, for a weekend getaway with her mom, so I will be home alone. If I wasn't performing next Sunday, I don't think I would make it through the day without losing composure. Please pray for me to keep strong.

Brian
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
Brian,

I have been there and understand your loss. The good news, such as it is, is that the first year is the toughest. It does get easier.
Try and look at this as the anniversary of your "new normal".

Kindest regards.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Best to you. I've been there as well. Mom passed over 20 years ago, and I would still love to pick up the phone and call just to hear her voice. Be strong. Be what she'd want you to be.

Steve
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Brian,

Hang in there and keep the faith.

In a prior post of yours, you mentioned that your mother got you into magic and that she bought you your first Svengali deck. Even back then, she knew what was in your heart and what you loved. Mothers are soooo wise.

Slartibartfast said it well when he commented:

Quote:
On 2008-11-08 21:49, Slartibartfast wrote:
Like you, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. That bothered me until I came to understand that it is not how or whether we say goodbye at the end that matters. What really matters is how we treated them before they are gone.

She knew you loved her, and that is enough.

Dan

So, as this anniversary comes up, stop, take a moment to sit back and think of the many times and ways that you and your Mom expressed your love for each other. And, as you prepare to perform your magic on Sunday, take a moment to reflect upon in how many ways your Mom worked her magic both on and for you. Whisper up a "Thanks, Mom" to her; she will hear you, look down upon you...and smile.

Best,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Mike and Steve,
Thank you for the words of comfort. Got some bad news, looks like the restaurant I have been working on Sundays has decided to cut back on staff. Well, I was one of the 1st to go. They said it may be temporary. Looks like I will have some time to sit back and reflect at home.
Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My mom just passed. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL