The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 6 cents per bag. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 18:18, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
JoeJoe--How odd that I agree with your premises, but not your conclusions. Taxation is a very efficient way to promote certain types of behaviour. Raising taxes is not necessarily an end in itself.

John

Hence the addage, "The power to tax is the power to destroy."
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
JoeJoe--How odd that I agree with your premises, but not your conclusions. Taxation is a very efficient way to promote certain types of behaviour. Raising taxes is not necessarily an end in itself.

If they were taxing the end user, I could agree with you ... but they are not. If you bring re-usable bags to the grocery store, you will be paying the same price as if you were to use their free plastic bags.

But even so, the use of a plastic bag is not a behavior that needs to be punished. It is the reuse/recycling of a plastic bag that should be rewarded.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 6 cents per bag. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL