The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Guys I apologize (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Well, it seems that for the third time I think, an interesting thread has been closed just because the way I reply to a young boy called 900nm (chances are great that's the reason).

I've got no idea at all why this guy acts like that! For several months he was in my MSN "buddies" and we talked a lot, exchanged views, ideas (he's got some good ones) and I did my best to provide him good advices (when I could, I'm not Steve Forte) about gambling (unlike me he doesn't play for real) or techniques (again, when I could, he's not that bad and I'm mainly a stacker and a second dealer). All of a sudden he has decided to insult me and to track me through the web trying to demean me, to reveal what principles I use and so on. Really a pain in the ass!

Again, I don't know the reason. It's really annoying to see posts deleted or cancelled in this part of the Magic Café because, IMHO, there are interesting things to grab from time to time.

Hence, my apologizes. In the future I'll try to ignore his stupid behaviour (he's 18 some may think we can forgive). I'll use a private website to exchange videos just write me to get a private access when needed.

Let's go back to the table!
maturpia
View Profile
Regular user
Paradise City
142 Posts

Profile of maturpia
AMcD,I was refering to just that when I talked about a web-space just for gamblers.
h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
What an exciting story.

Well, I've seen 900nm's videos and I find he's good. He also offers some interesting ideas through his vids.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, is the thread locked or deleted? It still shows up, but the link gives me an error message?

Why can't a thread just be locked around here? It happens all the time in other forums, like "the Workers".

Here in Gamblers they get deleted entirely, which doesn't make sense: how are we supposed to learn to avoid our mistakes if we can't see what we did wrong?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's probably because it was loaded with YouTube links. I believe video links are supposed to go in a different forum, and have seen posts containing them moved before.
I doubt it had anything to do with AMcD.
It's likely that management is moving the video links to the other forum, and discovering that the rest of the thread makes little or no sense without the video links in place!

The question arises though, based on some posts here and comments made in the past, how much interest would there be in a dedicated and relatively unmoderated forum on card and dice advantage play, cheating, etc?

There have been efforts before to get forums going, none have reached any great success. Folks still seem to gravitate here to the Café, and stay away from other forums.

The Genii Forum is pointless because the management there thinks they know everything about everything, and ride herd even more than they do here.
There's an Erdnase forum set up over at the Conjuring Research Center that nobody uses, but that's set up nicely.
And then Mr. Pinks forum saw limited use, but was offline more than it was online, and cost money to use, which turned off quite a few users.

It seems that no matter what comes along in terms of forums, folks interested in this type of conversation still do whatever posting they feel inclined to do here on the Café.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 11:47, silverking wrote:
It's probably because it was loaded with YouTube links. I believe video links are supposed to go in a different forum, and have seen posts containing them moved before.
It's likely that management is moving the video links to the other forum, and discovering that the rest of the thread makes little or no sense without the video links in place!

I never understood that policy. Yes, I know they have a video section and that's fine when someone want's to show something. But if it's in the context of a thread, why mess with it? That thread had some nice videos and it was nice to have them all in one place. And there were comments that referred to video in other posts. Besides the fact that some people don't want theri stuff in the "You Ought To Be In Pictures" section, or even the "Workers". They want to keep the gambling stuff seperate from all of that.

It's a stupid policy. I wish they at least had a moderator that understood the sensibilities of the people in this section.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 11:54, Vandy Grift wrote:

It's a stupid policy. I wish they at least had a moderator that understood the sensibilities of the people in this section.

From what I've seen so far the moderators are shadows. You don't get to see them, you don't get to speak to them, they do their work without explaining or justifying any of it.

To have a moderator who understands the sensibilities of various sections would probably require they involve themselves in some way with the community.

On many boards I have read the moderators for each section are clearly identified. On the Café they are not. I find that rather telling.

It's not just that they won't tell us what's being done that shouldn't, it's not that they even don't want any argument about it, it's that they don't even want anyone at all to know who they are and where they've been.

I find it pretty sad, to be perfectly honest. It won't make me stop reading the forum, but it certainly makes it less friendly, to my mind.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 12:45, splice wrote:
From what I've seen so far the moderators are shadows. You don't get to see them, you don't get to speak to them, they do their work without explaining or justifying any of it.

Especially in this section. When I get deleted or edited in other sections I get a PM once in a while saying why. But I've never gotten anything realted to the fixes they do over in this area. And honestly, I think we do a pretty good job of monitoring ourselves here. You don't see a lot of the goofy political and religious stuff that people seem to drag in to threads everywhere else. We screw around, but overall we play pretty nice. Once in a while a guy gets his ears boxed a little bit. But it's mild. Very, very mild. I don't see a need for a lot of the editing.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Mr. Bones has some interesting stuff, nothing earth shattering, but interesting.

http://www.stripperdecks.com/forum/
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I joined it. Looks like it's brand new. Threw up a little dice video as well to kick things off. Anyone who wants to tear down my technique will have to join to see it.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I joined it myself, but have to get vetted first before I can tear down your video.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Go easy on me. I don't think they have moderators over there to protect me.

I got vetted quick. "Mr Bones" was online when I joined up.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Joined too. Lot of known guys yet registered Smile.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I like the idea. It's always tough to start a new site, and the Café is a bit of a 800lb gorilla. But maybe it will take off.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I also joined too...but, I'm happy here and hate jumpping from forum to forum.
Long Island,

New York
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 11:54, Vandy Grift wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 11:47, silverking wrote:

Was there any need to add the words "in this section"?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Ha! Not really.

Except for the fact that I don't care about what they do in any other section. I just wish they would give us a break now and then. There isn't that much to "moderate" around here. And as with every other section, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to a lot of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Guys I apologize (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL