The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Running TV Ads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
About how many TV ads should one run prior to a show in a city? The show I have running in Dothan, AL will be one of my biggest money makers. I will be airing the show on one of the local affiliates (not public access) but I am not going to show that on the ads, as it might take away from my ticket sales.
making the unreal, real...really!
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
The key is frequency. TV is a highly competitive market and there is a high chance of your audience missing your ad. I would say you would need to spend between $2000 and $5000 for a month, to have an effective advertising campaign. The more you spend the better your ads will be targeted. If you have done the appropriate market research then that should tell you when (time slot) your ads should run. The station or stations you are looking at should be able to provide you with some numbers of viewership. A third party ad buying company sometimes is a good way to go because they can negotiate a better rate per ad for you.

Let us know how it goes for you and what you decide.

thanks for posing the question.
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
Here's what I will be paying for the various ad spots; 8AM-5PM $10.00 per 30 second spot, 5PM-7PM $25.00 per 30 second spot, PRIME TIME 7-9 $250.00, 9PM - 9:30PM Local News $50 per spot, 9:30PM up $10.00 per spot.

I am thinking I will get some during the 9PM news as about 1/3 of the viewers in this area tune in to them for news. Also I might run similar adds on the other 2 networks in the area in the same time slot.
making the unreal, real...really!
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Those figures look ok to me, although I am not familiar with the particular area.

Spreading your message over two other networks is a good idea. Sounds like you already have a plan in place and that is key. What is the demographic you are after? What is the average viewership numbers for the respective time slots? Do the breakdown into the demographic that you want to target?
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Good luck bro
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Man I wish I lived in your country. TV ads over here from 5pm to midnight cost upwards of $2000 each per 30 second spot.
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
SnorkelMaui
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of SnorkelMaui
Quote:
On 2009-02-14 16:05, Nick Singh wrote:
Man I wish I lived in your country. TV ads over here from 5pm to midnight cost upwards of $2000 each per 30 second spot.
Nick,

They also cost that much here (in the U.S.) too!
As a matter of fact they can cost much more than $2k per spot.

It all depends on which tv_channel/tv_network you're
advertising on, or more specifically, the reach.
(how many eyeballs will see your tv spot)

fyi during the Superbowl, it costs $1million per 10 seconds,
so a 30-second spot will cost you $3 million.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Running TV Ads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL