The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magician Sues Martha for 'the finger' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
He never heard of wearing gloves when performing hard labor?
POOF!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 09:15, kregg wrote:
He never heard of wearing gloves when performing hard labor?

For moving a lounge chair?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
An opera singer won't walk outside without wearing a scarf. The hand models I know, not only insure their hands, but they also wear gloves as a precautionary measure.
POOF!
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Suing is easier
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Wasn't it the defective chair, rather than any failure on the user's part, which caused this man's injuries?

Reasonable people certainly take appropriate precautions, but in this instance it seems to me that those precautions should included making a safe and reliable product.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Without seeing the chair. And without knowing the history of the chair I cannot answer that one Leland. Some chairs have sharp objects in out of the way places, I suspect this is the case here. For all I know he could have been digging for change. Smile
POOF!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Wuss...

Meir Yedid laughs at that guy.

Seriously...I hope he wins, he's from Iowa and I like anyone from there! The people of Iowa are a great people. Good luck!

RAGBRAI for ever -
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
He was a Magic Castle Magician for 15 years?...doesn't anybody know him?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
He might use a different name at the castle.

He should stop whining. The great Dai Vernon broke both his arms so badly they wanted to lop 'em of, he could still do magic. Martin Nash told me he broke all his fingers working as a lumber jack, he could still do magic. So this might push him further along. As for playing music the guitarist for Black Sabbath has a cut off finger and credits it for getting the sound he is known for.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 13:40, MagicSanta wrote:

He should stop whining. The great Dai Vernon broke both his arms so badly they wanted to lop 'em of, he could still do magic. Martin Nash told me he broke all his fingers working as a lumber jack, he could still do magic. So this might push him further along. As for playing music the guitarist for Black Sabbath has a cut off finger and credits it for getting the sound he is known for.

Lest we forget Les Paul, Jerry Garcia and Django Reinhart.
POOF!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yes...just saw the guy on TV and he doesn't trip any triggers. I think he may have said the words 'Magic Castle' fifteen times in his life.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
From another thread on the same topic:

Quote:
On 2008-11-19 11:34, Craig Dickens wrote:
Okay guys, here is some background on Pat Albanese. He performed magic with me for over 15 years in Chicago before we relocated to Los Angeles where we partnered bulding magic props for several years. He has worked the conference on Magical History and built props for Don Wayne and Steinmeyer. Excellent builder and magician. Pat went on to become the manager of the Magic Castle before going on the road in " Triple Expresso" in the part also performed by Chris Hart, Scott Cervine, George Tovar. We met an Iowa girl and moved there in January, they wed in July. He called after the chair incident in complete shock. I attended his wedding and had a chance to look at the chair. Scariest thing you ever saw. Could have been any one of us. Stop blaming the victim.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
If we stop blaming the victim, where's the fun?

Ooooh, hey now!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 15:11, kregg wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 13:40, MagicSanta wrote:

Lest we forget Les Paul, Jerry Garcia and Django Reinhart.

les Paul cut off a finger?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 07:44, Doug Higley wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,453904,00.html

Cut and Paste

What's a hand model, by the way? Does he have make a living with a hand job?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
George Costanza was a Hand Model, that is untill the accident...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Coin Magician David Roth is or was a hand model. His hands made a Whopper on a Burger King commercial. A hand model is also in those ads for rings where you see, prepare yourself, a hand.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I sliced my finger tip off in high school when I dropped a barbell down a foot to the ground and apparently there was another piece of equipment already on the floor. Nice clean snap of the finger right off. Blood squirting everywhere. It was a lot of fun. Smile I feared not being able to do magic well ever again. Still don't have feeling in the finger tip, but I recovered and do magic very well with it. Now wherever I go, I protect my hands. Even if I trip and fall, I never use my hands because I have practiced too many years to just let it go. Just tuck and roll baby!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magician Sues Martha for 'the finger' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL