The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martin Van Buren $1 Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Has anyone seen the Martin Van Buren $1 coins? They're very unique. I think there's several potential usages of these coins. They're the size of a quarter, gold in color, and the inscription "In God We Trust" is written around the edge of the coin. I think they would be great to use with Scotch and Soda.

What other uses/ potentials do you see in using these coins?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
These are part of the new $1 presidential coins. Every few months a new coin is released with a president on it. Just like the Susan B. and Sacagawea, they are part of the "Coins Americans might collect, but not use" series.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-25 00:08, pepka wrote:
These are part of the new $1 presidential coins. Every few months a new coin is released with a president on it. Just like the Susan B. and Sacagawea, they are part of the "Coins Americans might collect, but not use" series.

Unless they ride the bus.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Remember when the Govt. came out with the Susan B. Anthony dollar? I guess quarter sized dollars says a lot about our economy.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martin Van Buren $1 Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL