The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft Flipper (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
Miss post, sorry

Gerald
I was Me but now He is gone.......
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Buy long balloons and cut them in rubber band size. They are latex, they are thinner and they offer a better and softer elasticity. Put three of them as a replacement for one original elastic: if one break as you perform, you're still out of trouble. Just check your rubber band status before leaving to perform.

The price difference between Tango as opposed to Todd Lassen or Jamie Schoolcraft or the UK or Dutch or French coins has lot to do with the fact that Tango is not (to my knowledge) using sterling silver coins. Remember that it takes two coins to make one flipper. If the other coins that Platt is using to perform are nickel as well, the Tango flipper is not a problem. But if the other coins that Platt uses are 1964 silver Kennedy (or any other sterling silver coins), his wife will not be able to rest and his son will keep saving him money on each and every over-weight treatment.

Platt however could silver plate his Tango coin at very little expense if he lost the Schoolcraft one. I posted about this world of possibilities in another thread.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Bill, Thanks for sharing that commonsensical solution! I live near Ron, but have been out of touch with him for a few years, so I need to get a hold of him. He's always got great tips like this!

I have to share this:

Prior to getting my custon gravity flip, I tried boiling some 3/16 bands (about 20 min). I put one on my 18 year old Sasco flipper (Back when they made a nice flipper actually!) and left it open on the pad all night. Low and behold....a great gravity flip! Give the band a good stretch after the boil, and repair the coin.

Both my traditional flips get this attention now as I really use none of "old" pro-flip routines.

Good luck fellow Flippers!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft Flipper (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL