The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation & Visible Jigsaw Sawing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Since my volunteer is already on the levitation board, I was planning to combine the visible sawing with it before I proceed with the levitation. What do you think? Or, should I do this separately with 2 volunteers instead?
I haven't used my visible sawing for years, I was just planning to revive it.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Visible sawing while levitating! Smile

It might be ok to do them both with the same volunteer, but it really depends. Some volunteers want to get off stage and back to their seats, and doing two illusions with them may seem like too much. But if they've "done so well with the first one" and you'd like to "graduate them to the next stage of magical assistantry," go right ahead. Getting a second volunteer after cutting one in half may be problematic. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Son of a Beat
View Profile
New user
Montréal, Canada
82 Posts

Profile of Son of a Beat
Great funny idea. I like it.
Actually one should be the reason for the other one. You choose.
You have somebody come on on stage to be cut in half. The blade jams in the board (or similar conflict) so you remove the board (modified version with stooge in the house).

Or

Have a volunteer on stage to make her float. Make it a poetic parody. You hypnotize her, eyes closed so she does see the jigsaw. Cover her with the blanket. etc. You put your construction ear protection in case she wakes up!!!

I really like that. There's conflict so it's theatrical. The magic performance becomes it's own story, it's own reason to exist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation & Visible Jigsaw Sawing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL