The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi, I'm Simon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

point_blank
View Profile
New user
Queenstown, New Zealand
6 Posts

Profile of point_blank
Hi all,

A little about me: My name's Simon, I live in Queenstown, New Zealand. I've been practising magic for the last year or so and have come a long way in that time. I first began practising when I was working for Cirque du Soleil, at the time I was doing preshow and intermission entertainment for their show Varekai.
I also practise many other circus arts, from juggling to fire dancing, from contact juggling to balloon modelling. After having modelled myself on a few of the more high profile magicians I am now branching out into the world of bar magic (bartending is another of my passions, I currently work as a bartender at Rydges hotel in Queenstown, about to completely redo the cocktail and shots menu Smile).
I would like to publicly thank Doc Eason for his 3 dvd 'A 'Doc'umentary' as these have vastly improved my presentation as well as adding quite a few top notch effects to my routine, he's a legend.
I listen to most any music, but can't really get into metal, all that screaming just hurts my ears and I cant hear half the lyrics, but the guitar solos can be pretty rocking.
I consider myself blessed with two things that a lot of people would view as a disability, ADD and OCD, which have both helped me pick up things very quickly as well as opening a whole world of new things to pick up.
At the moment I'm somewhat limited to close up/street magic partly due to the fact that I'm the only practising magician in my area and the magic store in NZ recently shut up shop, and partly because I have very little experience working a large audience.
The vital question that I have to ask though, and I hope at least some of you will answer it, Marmite, Vegemite or Nutella? Smile
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hi Simon, Welcome !!.It's great to have join the Café. Sorry, but I'm unable to answer your question. Is Vegemite that you mention the same Vegemite that's a sandwich that Men at Work talk about in the song " Down Under " ?
Bob.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Simon,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 37.500 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Happy Thanksgiving and Welcome to the Café.
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
Nutella ... definitely...

thanks for the kind words..

Doc
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
Joe Montgomery
View Profile
New user
USA
5 Posts

Profile of Joe Montgomery
Welcome to The Magic Café, enjoy your stay!
point_blank
View Profile
New user
Queenstown, New Zealand
6 Posts

Profile of point_blank
Thanks for all the welcomes and the turkish coffee folks, I should really put a plate of cake down or something, how about a banoffie pie?

It seems that I have now found another community as welcoming and helpful as Home of Poi (little plug for the juggling community that I'm part of), which is a wonderful thing to discover. I'm looking forward to discovering the hints and tips that the seasoned pros have to offer and a few cool tricks along the way.

Vegemite/Marmite is this strange yeasty sandwich spread, alright every now and then but not something I would regularly include in my diet. It's a good thing Doc responded with nutella, otherwise there could well have been a full scale assault led by a nutella cannon I have secretly borrowed from the HoP army supplies Smile

Cheers,

Simon
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hello, I’m Justin Style. Welcome to the Café!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Hello, I'm not Justin Style. WELCOME TO THE Café!

You say bartending is one of your passions? Well, going to bars is one of mine.

Again, welcome.
point_blank
View Profile
New user
Queenstown, New Zealand
6 Posts

Profile of point_blank
Amazing, someone who goes to bars for reasons other than work? what's that like? and thanks for the welcomes
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, I suppose the beer is cheaper at home. But in bars the company is better. Smile
point_blank
View Profile
New user
Queenstown, New Zealand
6 Posts

Profile of point_blank
And more entertaining to do magic for, for some reason the family isn't quite as excited by it and they don't tip nearly as well
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
That's all true. And for some very strange reason, it gives me just a wee bit more of a thrill to perform for the barmaid than for my wife.
phoogestijn
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
26 Posts

Profile of phoogestijn
Simon,

Welcome at the Café !!! Nice to know that is a bartender available at the Magic Café... And to answer your question: Nutella for mem, please.
ebusojar
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ebusojar
Welcome to the Café Simon!

Sounds like you´ve had exciting experiences to share with us. Enjoy the boards.

Evan

P.S. Nutella - no contest.
Evan Northrup
www.evannorthrup.com
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Hi I am Aaron who does Aaronish Magic?! Just messing. HI and Welcome to the Café!! ^^
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi, I'm Simon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL