The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » Issue 14 Arrives (Delivering a sad conclusion...) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Issue 14 arrived today, adding excitement to my already near-perfect holiday. The issue is every bit as good as any issue preceding it... with one exception. I was horriby disheartened to learn that this will be the last volume in Antinomy's brilliant run. It seems appropriate on this particular holiday weekend to offer my heartfelt thanks to Gene for providing us with what will ultimately be 4 seasons of one of the finest journals of magic to ever grace the space inside my mailbox.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Good news (that issue 14 is out). Sad news that it will be the last one.
I have allways looked foreward to each and evry issue of Antinomy since the start.
I asume Gene has his reason to stop the fantasic run here.
This journal will be surley missed.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Magiguy, do you mean that issue #14 is the last issue or that volume 3 will be the last volume?

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Apparently Issue 16 (volume 4) will be the last, followed by the annual CD.
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
151 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Will all 16 issues and the 4 annual CD's still be available for a while?
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Issue 1 is completely sold out. The remaining issues of Year 1 are in short supply. Quantities vary on the other remaining issues. The CDs for Years 1, 2, and 3 are in stock.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Get 'em while you can. This will surely be one of the most sought after journals in years to come, and I'm going to miss it terribly.
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
151 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Thanks Gene - I did see the option for order the CD's for year 1 and 2 on your website, and I just went ahead with that order. I didn't see the option for the year 3 CD on the website. Also, do you think the CD for year 4 will be available for general sale in the future, or would you suggest that I should go ahead with the individual issues from year 4?

Much Thanks,
Bob
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
It's a terrible shame that issue #16 will be the last one. Every issue has been fantastic & I've awaited their delivery with greater anticipation than any other journal. Still, it's been a fantastic run and it's provided plenty of material for me to work on.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 15:38, Richard Evans wrote:
It's a terrible shame that issue #16 will be the last one. Every issue has been fantastic & I've awaited their delivery with greater anticipation than any other journal. Still, it's been a fantastic run and it's provided plenty of material for me to work on.

Amen to that!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
This is horrible news. I've been a fan of this magazine and have bragged on its potential since its inception. I wish Gene well, and look forward to the possibility of working with him on future projects.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
Can anyone confirm whether year 3 CD is available for purchase on its own ?

Cheers
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Yes, it is for sale. I'm just behind on my website updates. You can PM me for details.

Gene
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
151 Posts

Profile of BobMc
I just sent a PM Gene - thanks
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I got my copy of issue 14 today. Great standard as usual.
Now I only have to issues left before the bitter end.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
It is sad that Antinomy will be no more. Gene, thanks for all the hard work you put into this magazine for our pleasure. You did a great job!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 06:47, Peo Olsson wrote:
I got my copy of issue 14 today. Great standard as usual.
Now I only have TWO issues left before the bitter end.

My bad, the post should read like this.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
So anyone know why this will end? I love the magazine. Not enough interest, or not known well enough? I guess most just want overpriced DVDs. I am sure now this will highly sought after on eBay. I am glad I have all of them so far.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I think we'll get more information in the next issue (or perhaps in the last). As with most of the great journals of the past it usually comes down to time and resources when they finally come to an end.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Anyone heard anything new? Almost the end of July and still no sign of the final issues. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » Issue 14 Arrives (Delivering a sad conclusion...) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL