The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Can't Forget Bud Abbott & Lou Costello!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
You can't help but love those guys. I am a major A&C fan. Their timeing is unbeleivable. They paid their dues in Vaduavile and it showed in their tv and moves. The make themselves look like they are doing something for the very first time at that it really dosen't go right but they did everything according to a routine. They are masters and the likes, I feel, will never be seen again, unfortunatly. Thanks for the clip.

Steven
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Clip been up on the forums before, always nice to see that routine. Bud Abbot actually had real training, he used to work as a shill for Al Flosso on Coney Island.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I was driving through Lou's hometown on Saturday. I didn't see his statue that they worked in on the Sopranos though.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
This is great magical entertainment. Loved it.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
The real magic of that clip is the timing and timelessness of those two. I just love those guys. Woould love to have done a magic act as a Lou Costello chracter. I guess I would have played the Baaaaadddddd Booooyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Steven
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
Thank you Cardician99 for posting this. Outstanding!:0
<BR>Mikey M.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Another thank you for posting that, great stuff!
What's really funny is seeing Lou Costello 'break' character and laugh a few times
during the skit. You use to see a fair amount of that on the Carol Burnett Show
back in the day.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I have a lot of their old tv shows and he did that a lot. Got Bud a few times too which was something that did not happen that often. I miss those old days. Well I can't really say old days because those shows were done when I was a very small child. I am 51 now and remember thos old live type shows. I still remember seeing magicians live on Ed Sullivan with no camera cuts. Just like th eopld comedians, if it didn't go right they just kept on going.

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Can't Forget Bud Abbott & Lou Costello!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL