The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Books... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ebusojar
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ebusojar
Just out of curiosity, What are a few recent books that have been written about prop management that people have learned a lot from?

They wouldn't have to be recent necessarily, I guess I just find that many of the old books I look into have real dated sections.

Thanks,

Evan
Evan Northrup
www.evannorthrup.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Are you talking about organizing and managing props for storage or during a performance?
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I'll take a chance and refer you to the "Magic Management" chapter in "The Magic of Michael Ammar" and the "Putting the Act Together" chapter in "McComb's Magic: 25 Years Wiser."
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
One of my favorite books, and I rarely see it mentioned is Pocket Power by Jarle Leirpoll. All about pocket management for close-up and parlor performers and features tricks using pockets. Great stuff, check it out.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Ken Weber has in his brilliant well known book for Professional performances-"Maximum Entertainment"
a must for Magicians, with so much info on -Prop Management, Material for your Act
& stage management with the gear you use!!, & more importantly how to use the effects for entertainment!

Cheers
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 06:37, pepka wrote:
One of my favorite books, and I rarely see it mentioned is Pocket Power by Jarle Leirpoll. All about pocket management for close-up and parlor performers and features tricks using pockets. Great stuff, check it out.

I had forgotten that one Pepka, thanks for the reminder.
I'm going to try and locate that.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
You might want to check out "Magic by Gosh".
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
"Illusion Show Know How" has a great chapter regarding prop storage and management.

-Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Books... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL