The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Colored Ropes without instructions... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Just recieved a rope trick from a fellow magician without instruction. If someone could give me the handling or at least the name of the effect I would appreciate it very much.

Here's what I have.
3 Ropes about 2 feet long. Each rope a different color (green, yellow, red)
There is a about a 4 inch section on the end of each rope which is a different color. (The red rope has a green section, green rope has a yellow section, and yellow rope has a red section)

I figure one of the rope guys on the forum will know what I should do with these. Thanks guys.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
If it a knitted rope rather than actual rope, it is something from India. I probably have the instructions for it in the barrel in my room. Let's hear from the other guys. If they don't help, I will dig for it.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I know the trick, and from the sound of your description you are missing two small pieces.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Thanks for the help so far. He gave me a whole box of stuff so its possible the missing pieces are in there. Howeever if they happen to be small pieces of similarly colored rope, then they must be missing.

Al, could you give me the name of the effect? Does it happen to be in Tarbell or Abbott's?
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I have a rope trick that has the same ropes (just different colors). It only uses the 3 ropes.

I will PM what the ones I have are for
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Apparently there several versions of this trick. The one I had was given to me so I'm not sure what the name is. Look around for two smaller pieces with two colors on them. If you have the trick I know I can explain it to you.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
If it is the trick I am thinking of, you have it all. You show the 3 ropes hanging together in your hand and bring up the botttom of the green piece up and tie it to the green end, and repeat this with all the ropes. When you throw them up in the air they have formed a large ring of 3 colored ropes. After tying them, you can pull each one over you hand to supposedly show 3 separate loops. My version was from China and I paid $3 for it a long time ago. I hope that helps.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 14:33, jjeaton wrote:
If it is the trick I am thinking of, you have it all. You show the 3 ropes hanging together in your hand and bring up the botttom of the green piece up and tie it to the green end, and repeat this with all the ropes. When you throw them up in the air they have formed a large ring of 3 colored ropes. After tying them, you can pull each one over you hand to supposedly show 3 separate loops. My version was from China and I paid $3 for it a long time ago. I hope that helps.

this is the same version I have - my are red, white and blue and I think it may have been called Patriotic Ropes ??
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Thanks for all the replies. JJeaton and Meyegr are correct in the effect and handling. For any one interested I believe Lock family Magic sells this as "Rainbow Rope Circle" It is different than "Rainbow Ropes" or Patriotic Ropes.

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com/public/Vi......prID=104

Thanks agin for all the help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Colored Ropes without instructions... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL