The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2008 entrée: Troy Hooser » » Destroyers - Indestructable magic! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Troy, I've been wanting to tell you this story for a long time. I was studying from your "Destroyers" book and took it with me to my office each day. One morning put it on top of the roof as I was loading my car. I forgot I had it on the roof and drove off. about 2 minutes after I got on the I-5 freeway I heard a thump on the roof and saw the book in my rear view mirror flying into heavy traffic. I was sick about it.

Every day I looked for it on the side of the road but to no avail. Finally two weeks later I say it on the shoulder. It was a weekend morning, so traffic was light enough that I could safely stop on the side of the road and retrieve it. The hard cover and back was missing, a few of the pages had tire tread marks on them, but the book was otherwise in tact. I was so happy to have your book back. It resides in my library, a little worse for wear but totally serviceable. Because it was indestructible I did not have to re-order it.

Destroyers is a wonderful book and I recommend it to anyone. Especially those who are looking for indestructible magic!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
How ironic. Cute story!
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Troy Hooser
View Profile
V.I.P.
53 Posts

Profile of Troy Hooser
Good to hear it's back in your library also it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the book.
MichaelDupree
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MichaelDupree
The book is currently out of print right? I have looked for a copy on the internet and even have seen it listed at couple of dealers. Each time I tried to order it I get the dreaded book is unavailable message.

Anyone know where I can find find/purchase a copy of Destroyers??
Illusionist007
<BR>Michael Dupree
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
I can find it almost everywhere
MichaelDupree
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MichaelDupree
I have tried to order it from 3 different sites and each time I'm told it is unavailable. If you know of a place that has it in stock please let me know. Thanks
Illusionist007
<BR>Michael Dupree
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2008 entrée: Troy Hooser » » Destroyers - Indestructable magic! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL