The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Trying to find an effect I was told about (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magician_carter
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of magician_carter
The effect is called "Devil's Tears".

The way it was explained to me is that the magician has a crystal tear. It can be hit with a hammer, but cannot be broken. The magician then closes his fist; and when the magician opens his hand, the crystal tear has become dust.

Has anyone out there heard of this, or seen this? If so, do you know where this can be purchased?

Thank you in advance.

Yours in Magic,

Carter
Without Magic, Life is Boring.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I'm not sure the name is right, but you might search Bologna Bottles for a source.
[outdated link]
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I am not familiar with the effect, but this was posted eariler in this forum and may be what you are looking for. I hope this helps.

Quote:
On 2003-04-02 04:06, Sid Mayer wrote:
There is a scientific curiousity called "St. Rupert's drops". Basically, they are tear-shaped drops of glass that have been improperly annealed and, thus, are under internal stress. You can rap one on a hard surface without damaging it; but break off the tip of its tail, and it completely shatters."

Good luck,

Dave
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Carter,
What you are looking for is also known as "Prince Rupert's Tears".
Check out Daytona Magic, under "mentalism", for it. They have the effect in stock.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Viking magic also carries them, though you might want to go to Edmund's Scientific Supplies to purchase them.
magician_carter
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of magician_carter
Thank you to everyone that jumped in to help me find this. I appreciate everyone's help.

Yours in Magic,

Carter
Without Magic, Life is Boring.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
They can be fun. I have only seen them in clear. I have used a bit of candy apple red model paint, to nice effect. Be aware, the "dust" is finely powdered glass; so be sure to wash your hands before touching your eyes or mouth. Better still, I like to fold mine into a bit of velvet for breaking. It shows up nicely, and my hands stay clean. Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Trying to find an effect I was told about (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL