The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Any Cards Called For by Tamariz/Jordan/López (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I'm about to add this to my new notebook of material I wish to perform. I love this effect! I do fear that the final card order switch can be a bit obvious, but I don't think that I myself reacted to it the first time I saw it.

I believe I like the Antón López variation as described in Mnemonica better than the original. It can easily be expanded to include more spectators. You just keep going. For the end I am inclined to just spread the rest of the cards and then pick out (for instance) the fifth card from the rear, instead of doing the card reverse thing. (It would be more consistent to just keep dealing in the same manner, but if you have to go on for 30 more cards, it can get a bit long).

I'm thinking maybe that for the second or third prediction, it would be better to deal a couple of cards before you write the next prediction? This to break away from the rhythm a little and make the method more difficult to grasp.

My main point of writing this is just to express my great enthusiasm over this effect, but it would also be interesting to hear of any thoughts you may have regarding its strengths or weaknesses, as well as any brilliant changes/enhancements you have done to the presentation. Smile

What about the original vs. the Mago Antón version in terms of strength? Is it stronger for a spectator to himself pick a card out of a spread than for him to call "stop" at the right moment with cards that are dealt?
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Any Cards Called For by Tamariz/Jordan/López (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL