The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Theatre's Man of Mystery, worth all of us reading about. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
It's odd how the passing of beloved artists always seem to happen in cluster's.
I was first exposed to Harlold Pinter ten years ago in college. He was so simple and pure and clean; yet many of us had a mantra that year, "F@#$%G PINTER!" You just never knew what he wanted! You wanted the answers and you wanted them NOW! But, that's not how he rolled, my homies.

I am a magician, which means by cultural definition -"I hate the unknown." :wink: It makes me axnious and scared and it never let's me relax. I loved magic because for a while it was an answer to those anxieties: I could "fool" myself into thinking I knew things that others didn't. But, we all know how that one turns out now don't we.

I encourage any one of us in the Bizarre attics and cellars of magic take a read at this piece in todays SF Chronicle written by the Artistic Director of SF's American Conservatory Theatre. Afterwards, if you haven't already, pick up a play by him or google his thoughts on theatre and the experience of it. Enjoy.....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg......formance
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Theatre's Man of Mystery, worth all of us reading about. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL