The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Appearing cigar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Hello
I wonder if anyone can help. I have seen in the past, cannot remember where. A magician turns around a cigar/cigarette appears in his lips. This happens time and time again. Can anyone provide me with information regarding the history of this effect and where to learn it.

Thank you
Alex
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Believe me, you DON'T want to learn that.

You have to learn to tounge palm a LIT cig, or cigar.

It's DANGEROUS and YOU WILL burn your mouth!

Besides, where in these days are you allowed to somke indoors? You can't even use flash paper in a lot of performance spaces.

Stick with coins and cards...lol
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Cheers Justin.
who does this routine?
Many Thanks
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
TOM Mullica is the king!

However there is a dude in Florida...Gino something who is a master with cigars.

Plus there is a dude from Ohio who makes the BEST most REALISTIC wooden cigars. John Rogers
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Yeah check it out Alex, this stuff looks crazy realistic!

http://www.woodencigars.com/
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Huggard's Magic Manual explains it very simply and clearly too.

Cellini does a routine that can be found in "Royal Touch". Also Keith (I think) Clark wrote "The Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks". More moves than you could have thought. Mullica does have a DVD or two out too.

Not my style so I don't perform it but it isn't hard to do. Great effect.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
That Einstein Tile Puzzle effect he does is a killer! Very clever and well done, and that truly deserves a cigar. Smile It looks like something the very clever Eric Jones would present rather well with his personality and smart sense of patter. Smile I think Einstein would be proud. Smile

http://www.woodencigars.com/wftp.html?
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I think Justin you might be talking about Giovanni Livera...coud that be? He wrote a book all about cigars...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Ah yes, that's it...Giovanni!

Thanks JTW Smile

Once you get to be my age, the second thing you start losing is your memory...lol
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Thanks for all your help guys. really appreciate it. For anyone else reading this thread it is on page 82 of Royal Touch by Cellini.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
If you are interested in learning vanishing and appearing cigars, check out Kenner's "Into the woods" in his book Totally Out Of Contol as well as Gary Norsigian's "Cigar routine" from his DVD set Tricks That Will Get You Paid. A brilliant routine.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
As to the turnaround appearance, John Cornelius had a very clever, and relatively safe way to do this in his early lecture notes. The method might be described in his book.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Yes John Cornelius has a nice effect/method that can be performed anywhere. Looks real good as once you turn around with hands in pockets, a cigarette is in your mouth.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
If you can, you can buy one of those fake cigars that has the power inside and the red foil tip to make it look like you are actually smoking it. But that might not be very practical in many places. I use crayons for my cigars in a lot of cases. That can also be a pretty funny closer, if you can get a hold of a two sided cigar, one crayon side and 1 cigar side that might be cool.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Tokyo Trickery
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Mick Little
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mick Little
Ive been thinking of buying a wooden set of Cigars made by John Rogers and his dvd "smoking candies",these cigars look great and are hand painted they also come with a gaffed and ungaffed purse
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Appearing cigar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL