The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Thickened cream filled top hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
belfazar
View Profile
New user
Lakeland, FL
7 Posts

Profile of belfazar
Great idea!! It could really MOOOve an audience. Just try to "milk" it for all it's worth!!
smile4wandini
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of smile4wandini
In a Hat? I am sorry I just don't see the humor in it!
It is not as funny as a pie in the face or even sitting on a cake which is done with shaving cream, easy to carry and clear-up not bad. Smile
www.smilephoto.com
The Great Wandini
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Of course it's funny! It could come out of his shoe and it would still be funny! Watching people deface themselves in these ways are always funny.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Patrick McKeever
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Patrick McKeever
I gotta be missing something ,here.

Are you planning on doing just one show a day.

Or, do you have to change for your next set. Where?

Who is gonna clean up the mess?
magic fett
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of magic fett
Smile mmmmm.....cream.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Hmmmmmm, not my idea of good humour, but then I am not seeing you on the street either. Personally I think that this kind of humour has had its day. You might make a few people giggle, and the kids will probably love it (but they aren't the ones with all the cash!), but ultimately we have been watching people on TV hit each other with cream pies, sit on cakes, put buckets of water over their heads etc for about 50 years now and it might be getting a bit tired!

On the other hand, if you lead into it well, and your act was suited to that sort of behaviour then it could be great. I think it would be especially effective if you had put the cream in there during the show (for whatever reason - maybe a trick gone wrong? the magician puts the cream in his hat thinking it will dissapear, but it doesn't?) and 'forgot' about it until you put the hat on your head.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Yes! That's it.

During the course of the act, you do the pouring milk into the hat gag. You know, pour the milk, realize you didn't put the glass in, put the glass in and remove the glass now filled with milk. Take your bow, put on your hat and the milk comes pouring out. . . .

Smile

0pus
Ojasa
View Profile
New user
U.S.
77 Posts

Profile of Ojasa
What about a monty hall lets make a deal style.... Let the spectator choose what they get, What's in the Box, Behind the curtain, or in my hat....
that magic is an art, and an art worth your learning. The question is rather, whether you be capable of learning it? Magic is somewhat like poetry, men are to be born so: I mean, with inclinations to it, though both may be heightened by discourse and prac
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I think clotted cream probably sounds a lot funnier in writing than it is in actuality. The sentence "pour clotted cream over my head" is funny because clotted cream is fun to say and a rather bizarre substance. In performance the fact that it's clotted cream would be lost and a more clothes and nostril friendly substance would work just as well.
Just putting it on your head with a weak line like " this suit comes with a hat" gets a minimum amount of comedy value from the whole situation. You need some kind of suspense or build up. maybe you don't know the hat is filled and you have it as a running gag where you keep going to put it on and get distracted and put it down again then when you do put the hat on put it on when least expected.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
One word - CATS
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Excellent suggestion, Frank. That also means you don't have to use the clotted cream trick as a closer. You can go into the famous cat juggling routine, ending with the legendary three-cats-in-pants effect.

0pus
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
If you did it in the nude the mess wouldn`t matter,,,,,,,,,and look at the publicity you would get when they cart you off to jail !!!
Its a great idea ? Smile
Nick Alexander
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Nick Alexander
Ok guys I've decided to re-raise this issue. About two months ago I got up the gut to top myself with 100% fat free thickened cream for my last show of the day................................................

And it worked a treat, the biggest hat I have ever recieved, I don't know if the audience rembers the rest of the show but dumping that cream had them in histerics. And talk about a method of getting your own seat on the bus home.

The expeirience was truly invigorating, and the most fun I've had in a long time. You should all try it at least once. It's a killer

TMM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Thickened cream filled top hat (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL