The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VIP Cap In Bottle Video up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
A video demo of V.I.P. (Visual Impossible Penetration) is up at http://www.mallofmagic.com/videos.htm

Just scroll to the bottom and click.

Mike
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of ashah
Some of you have been waiting a few years for this demo! See the following thread for all the discussion:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

As I mentioned in that thread, the beauty of VIP is that the audience can keep the bottle, and they will not be able to get the cap out of it (which raises the question of how the heck it got in there!). The only drawback is that there is some pre-work involved -- nothing time consuming, but you will have to carry an item with you and be alone for a minute. I believe the manuscript discusses various ideas for doing the dirty work.

I purchased VIP after watching Mike do it in person. IMHO it looks much better in person than on the demo, even though the demo does a great job of showing how visual it is. In person, a spectator will not be burning your hands. Plus you can even have the spectator hold the bottle.

A great effect to perform in bars!
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I have this. One of the first caps through bottle effects I've ever gotten. I remember doing this to a friend at a party, "borrowed" a corona bottle, laid it on the side, and BAM! Instant reactions! It was great. There's a bit of prep work involved, but it makes it all worthwile in the end.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I've seen this live at a lecture, and really enjoyed it. We came up with some alternative ways to "push" the cap in the bottle that looked great. It's a wonderful cap in bottle, and I highly recommend it.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Mike, that's very visual.

$15.00 also is very reasonable. Is this a manuscript that you mail out? I assume so, but just wanted to make sure.
Magic is a vanishing art.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
It comes with gimmicks so yes it gets mailed out.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Not the greatest timing as people are starving themselves over in the capture thread, but this looks great! Thinking about picking this up, will compliment one of my most requested effects, Prohibition! Smile
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 21:08, Piz wrote:
Not the greatest timing as people are starving themselves over in the capture thread, but this looks great! Thinking about picking this up, will compliment one of my most requested effects, Prohibition! Smile

Perhaps that makes it good timing then. While people are starving for Capture this comes along looking quite appetizing.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ Yea, you can look at it that way.

Let me give you an example...

In 1994 The Shawshank Redemption Bombed at the theaters due to the fact that it was over-shadowed by the likes of Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction, bad timing. It only started getting recognition when it came out on VHS in '95' , and 15 years latter is now considered within the top 5 greatest movies of all time, #1 on some sites such as IMBD.

My point being timing is key when releasing anything. I'm just bringing up a point here, as Capture is hot right now and everyone seems so focused on it, that this effect might not get the attention it deserves, at-least for the moment.

Like I said, I love this effect and just might take the plunge tomorrow when I get home from work, after I steal my credit card back from the lady that is Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VIP Cap In Bottle Video up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL