The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question about lapping...... (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nyborn
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of nyborn
Hey Folks,

Reopening this topic to learn if there are any.links to the mentioned referrals and what has come available since this original post.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
There's now a whole DVD set on lapping. I'm sure it's been discussed there. Proves, that what is old is new.
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
I use Lapping to vanish a coin while seated:

1 Coin is in my right hand and I pretend to put it in my left. (There are many ways to do this.)

2 My right hand reaches for a salt shaker on the table to my right. In doing so my right hand travels in a "U" from my left hand to the shaker.

3 At the "bottom" of the "U" my left hand is over my lap and the coin is let go.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Strolling through old posts and found this thread. Ever since people began to perform mostly stand up coin magic, lapping has become more of an "old fashioned" approach to magic. Everyone thinks that magic should be done stand up, no table. Well, I feel that there is a time and place for everything. Sure, standing up without a table is versitile. Standing up in front of a table lends itself to formal shows or table hopping. But how many of us just like to show something to family and friends? And the best time to do that (not talking about the world's current situation) is after dinner when everyone is sitting at the table. And if you perform magic when sitting at a table, lapping is a very useful weapon. One thing that I learned years afo. When you stand up at the table you are now performing FOR them. When you are performing while sitting, you are performing WITH them. Also, when sitting, the audience can see you and the coins at the same time. When you stand, the audience has to look up, then down, then up, then down. These are the advantages of sit down magic, and as I said, if you are going to sit, you can use lapping when needed.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Very happy to hear this, Michael. I perform seated because of its friendliness and informality. (I like the way you put it: with vs. for.) It's nice to have this counter-pressure to all the people who have told me on the Café that standing is the "right" way to go.

Tom G., Do you know the name of the DVD on lapping? If you own it, would you recommend it?

Thanks, folks,

Bob
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
There's the five-DVD set "LAP" by Juan Tamariz, Yann Frisch and Dani DaOrtiz.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Ray.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question about lapping...... (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL