The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking in Windsor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I live closer to Windsor than I do Ohio. I would like to try busking in Windsor. Does anyone know anything about the city ordinances of busking in Windsor, Canada?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Looks like I am going to be the first magician to street busk in Windsor.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Mike, have you googled at all, or tried calling the Windsor City Hall directly? I'm guessing you haven't, because each summer Windsor hosts one of the biggest and most famous busking festivals in the world. Any ordinances they might have are old and very well used by now.

(Why do people come here expecting to be hand fed all the time, grumble, grumble...)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Alright, I will give it a try. Thanks.

P.S. Taste good too. Smile
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hi Mike,
I had to sit back and watch this one awhile. You know, Windsor is my home town. So you got to know,... the folks there are SUPER!! In all honesty, I never Busked there. But, surely you know about the Windsor Busker's Festival. My experience is, towns with Busker's Festivals are usually freindly, open, and somewhat `educated' when it comes to Busking them. So,... find a nice Pitch. Lay off my nieces. And have a good one.

take care,
gallagher
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Gallagher, if you ever come to visit your home town again, let me know. I will support you with room and board at my home. The reason I will be doing that is not just you are a kind and nice person, but because of all the support you have given to me, especially thru PM.

P.S. What are your nieces' phone number? You will make a great uncle to me.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Soooo, they guy who actually steps in and helps (moi) gets offered nada, but the guy who's hometown you are asking about, and who intentionally ignores your request for help, and who doesn't step in until I do, THAT GUY gets offered room and board. For help he was only shamed into offering. By me.

I hope his nieces give you something!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I was playing Monopoly and have not picked up a "Chance" card yet. I had no choice of offering Gallagher free room and board because that is what his "Community Chest" card read for me to give him on my property in Detroit.

I hope I do not get the card "Go To Jail" after I meet his nieces.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 10:27, Chance wrote:
Mike, have you googled at all, or tried calling the Windsor City Hall directly? I'm guessing you haven't, because each summer Windsor hosts one of the biggest and most famous busking festivals in the world. Any ordinances they might have are old and very well used by now.

(Why do people come here expecting to be hand fed all the time, grumble, grumble...)

I've worked that fest Chance! Great one for full circle shows...anything smaller and you would get lost in the shuffle!
I have done a few weekends in Windsor and they were both really good. Smart audiences and generous tippers. But you had better be good...Really good. They are smart and generous but can be difficult to impress.
And Chance, to make up for Dynamike's oversight...You can crash with us anytime. You seem to be a decent bloke.
Gwyd
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
I think this just goes to show, not everyone is willing to take `a Chance'.

gallagher
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Wow, which left field did that come from? No wonder why so many qualified people don't waste their time here. Lend a hand, get hand bitten off by some ungrateful lowlife who doesn't know you from Adam.

Thanks Gwyd, if I ever get up to Michigan I'll be in touch. Let me know if you ever plan a trip to south Florida.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Will do! I love Florida!
Gwyd
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Ahh come on Chance, it was a joke! Get it? "..take a Chance.",.... get it? You see, there is this common expression; "to take a chance." And your name is,.... get it??

Have you been wearing your straight jacket too tight again? Or did you blow your closing number,... and land on your head? Hey don't take it to seriously, ...tomorrow could be Wednesday.

love,
gallagher

p.s.: I was thinking about visiting Florida,.... with my nieces,....

p.s.s.: Greetings from Adam. He'd write personally,... but he's eating. Finger- food.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hello just to let you know, created this website.
http://www.schoolofbusking.com
Mario
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking in Windsor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL