The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Skinners 3 card monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nelly
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of nelly
I have just bought this trick, somewhere else on these forums somebody said it came with a method of swapping the gaffs for normal cards so they can be inspected.

Well my trick seems to be lacking this can someone post or pm, me and tell me the method please.

I bought it from a reputable dealer and presumed it would be inside but alas no!!
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
I don't believe the effect comes with that method.

I bought this effect many years ago.What I do is I keep the packet added to the deck of cards.I do one or two effects and I make a coment about the monte.Get people to talk about it.Then a pull out the cards from the deck and show them the effect.

You shouldn't worry much about swapping the cards.Why would you want them to inspect the cards for? Just them them and put them back into the pack,place the pack into the case.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
One way to switch them is to use a himber wallet. There are several options for switching the cards. A search on the Café will reveal a few methods if not many.

- Richard
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I think on Bill Malone's DVD (the 1st) one, he discusses Skinner's Monte and he mentions a method of switching the gaffs. I think he means something he uses and not something that comes with the effect.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
The Skinner 3 card monte does not come with a "switching" device of any kind. The Himber Wallet works well, and I believe that is mentioned in the instructions (Michael Skinner used this method to switch the cards)If you wear a Jacket, some have suggested using the Switch-a-Roo. I think this device sucks myself. Some like it tho.

Its been my experience, that if you remove the cards from a regular deck, no-one usually wants to inspect them, especially if you go right into another routine using something else (coins maybe). Just put the cards back into the regular pack and away you go.

Remember to remove three identical cards from your new pack that matches the gaff cards. Also put your cards in with a new pack of cards so they can wear and age together. Nothing looks worse than removing three cards that are bright and shiney from an otherwise dull deck of cards!

Good-Luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Skinners 3 card monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL