The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Stuck with Amazon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Hey Everybody,

For one reason or another, I'm stuck with a bunch of money on Amazon that I can't spend anywhere else. Does anybody have any suggestions of books that are decent on Amazon? I'm currently rounding out the books by Hugard that I want to own and getting Royal Road (finally). Most of the stuff on there is pretty basic and I'm trying not to let it go go waste. I'm interested in cards, and mentalism. Also, if you know of a really good set to get started with sponge balls (or a book with the handling in it), that would be nice too. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Isn't Joshua Jays new book on there?
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Can I suggest getting some NON magic books?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 17:06, Ben Train wrote:

Wha? I only read magic books in my spare time now... Yikes.
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
Put in some books that you would find at magic shops. You are not limited to just Amazon. Nor are you limited to magic books that you would find at a regular bookstore. There are different dealers on Amazon and they all accept Amazon gift money.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Go to the Dover Publishing Site and Search for Magic Books. You'll find some amazing stuff there, including the Bill Simon Book.

SEY
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Go here and look: Stanyon, Scarne and MORE:

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-su......ain.html

SEY
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:

I'd recommend Atlas Shrugged. I feel the urge to re-read it every time I watch the news.

DD
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 19:08, Doc Dixon wrote:
Quote:

I'd recommend Atlas Shrugged. I feel the urge to re-read it every time I watch the news.

DD

Eh, I don't feel that objectivism really gets you anywhere in the long run. I'll stick with some good Scifi (not everything I'm getting is magic, don't worry Smile).
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Jan Redman
View Profile
New user
Berlin, Germany
37 Posts

Profile of Jan Redman
I enjoyed Hiding The Elephant by Jim Steinmeyer and Bill Kalushs Houdini-biography very much.

If you prefer something non-magical, I would suggest getting the comic Watchmen, so you can read it before the movie comes out in March.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
The Secret Life of Houdini - by Bill Kalush and Larry Sloman is one of the more interesting books I've read in a while. Houdini had a really fascinating life and if anything was a master showman and entertainer.

The Magician and the Cardsharp by Karl Johnson about Dai Vernon looking for the man who could do a perfect center deal.

Both interesting reads if you want to read about magical lore but not about magic tricks, effects or even theory.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
Just type in the name of a magician you like into the search bar. I have seen Paul Harris, Simon Lovell, Ed Marlo, and a whole slew of others show up in the past. You might be surprised by all the options you have Smile

I hope this helps.
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
Dai Vernon: A Biography--Artist - Magician - Muse (Vol. 1: 1894-1941) (Hardcover)
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:

Whoah, take it easy there Heisenberg.
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
346 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Get 'Psychology of the psychic' by Marks - not a magic book but it'll enhance your mentalism thinking, I guarantee.

Best,

Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
All the Karl Fulves books, in particular the ones that are NOT on cards. You'll be surprised how much great stuff you find!
Harald
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Harald
"The Modern Con Man" by Todd Robbins, it is great fun to read and I highly recommend it. Jon Racherbaumer wrote a review in Genii about it some months ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Stuck with Amazon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL