The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Signed card to card box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
[
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 15:37, youssef wrote:
I remember seeing an ambitous card routine from Tommy Wonder with an great signed card to box routine as ending. I believe it was on Tommy Wonders Visions of Wonder Volume 3.
Also, Roberto Giobbi does it nice in his version of this routine: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=o22wi6dfX3w

Tommy Wonder gets my vote but the principle is also used by Scotty York and, in a nest of casual everyday pharmaceuticla and candy boxes by John Bannon.
[/quote]

Don't forget Fred Kaps who I believe learned it from Bruno Hennig and popularized it. I believe Bruno Hennig was first to adopt this method. I still use this method and feel it is one of the strongest effects you could do. It's great for other applications besides cards as well.

Steve
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I think you can find Kaps's handling on YouTube. It's such a simple, straight-forward presentation, no frills.

The one that I perform, however, is the one from Giobbi's Card College 5...same one he's using on his video spoken of in another post here. I did make a small change, though: I use a small pocket-sized Altoids tin. I pour the folded card out of the tin which is then set down in front of the spectator and they can look to their heart's content and there is nothing inside.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
James brown's work on the card to box must surely be the definitive answer to this search.....
I don't beleive he uses a signed card, but as there are no duplicates used, I don't see why you couldn't get it signed if you wish
its among many other gems in his lecture dvd:
http://www.jamesbrownmagic.com/LectureDVD.html
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Check out these dvd's on that subject.. They meet your criteria

Cultural Exchange by Apollo Robins and Shoot Ogawa
Side Steal De-Classified by paul cummins
Fancy a Pot of Jam by James Brown
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 15:29, nonvpro wrote:
Looking for a good handling of a freely selected signed card to card box routine. Would appreciate any suggestions.

I have a no palm signed card to card box in my lecture notes (No Frills), also it's on mine and Chris Congreave's DVD (Pseudo Pickpocket), I'm willing to share this but not sure where I can post it on The Café.

Kind regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
I'd like to second Gary's "Card To Card Box", which routines very nicely with "Daley's Last Trick".

While you're at it, check out Gary's "No Frills" lecture notes for a ton of direct and commercial magic - the best money I spent in the last couple of years.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jonathan Kam's Toi box very practical .you can skin a Cat more ways than not with using this little tin box.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2009-01-30 10:29, Jack Tighe wrote:
I remember playing with one handling that made use of a Kelly Bottom Placement-like move to do the dirty work. Anyone know who's that is? It's something I never could really perfect, but it was a cool concept.

That is a Paul Gertner idea and can be found in Volume One of Apocalypse.

Jack Tighe

I use that method all the time to end my Ambitious card routine. It came from a card to wallet routine that was published in the Hierophant or something like that, called skinning the cat.

I also use the bold side steal - often called the technical side steal to do a routine where I produce the peaked at card from the four aces that were placed into the deck box and given to the spectator to hold. The routine I think is in Marlo's side steal book but Marlo doesn't use a deck box.

I also use the same routine in a sandwich transportation effect where two sandwiched cards switch places and one ends up in the deck box.

I also like to use the box with the Biddle trick. Where the card ends up face up in the deck - I just place the deck in the deck box and then give it to a spectator to hold. Then I vanish the card from the face up card packet and then have them open the deck box and remove the deck and find their face up card in the deck - that they were holding that was in the box.

Lots of neat stuff.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
If people are having difficulty finding someone to make the Tommy Wonder box I think I might have found someone.

PM me for his info

Not sure how many of these he will want to make but you MUST own the book before hand, he will quiz you!

J
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
There are tons of ways to use card in the box.
the Altoid tin box is very useful because I have created a method the spectator opens the the once empty box and the spectator removes yes his or her signed card.
no matter what eff4ect you are doing
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
There is a neat idea in 'Heirophant Issue 1', which uses a clever selection ruse to place the card where it is later required for the load.
The movements contained in this routine are well worth noting, clever construction.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Thanks to everyone who responded to this post. So many suggestions, so little time to take a look at all of them. Here is exactly what I'm looking for.

1. Card is freely selected.
2. Card is signed.
3. Card is lost/shuffled back into the deck.
4. Card is controlled to top or bottom of deck.
5. Card is not folded or altered in anyway.
6. Card is palmed off.
7. Card is apparently removed from inside of an ungimmicked card box.

I have no problems with 1 thru 6 above. Its the handling of the palmed off card
that is apparently removed from the card box that I'm having a problem with. Looking for published routines or handlings that fit exactly my criteria listed above. Suggestions appreciated.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Nonvpro,

P/m'ing you with a suggestion.

Sixten
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Np

If you have Apocalypse - think Curtis Kam's 'Jack in the Box' done from the deck.

The sleight is around in print all over the place after the mid 1970s and I recall the name Matt Shulien (SP sorry Smile ) being associated.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Sankey has a decent handling on his Anytime Anywhere DVD, called Solitary Confinement, I believe. Card can be signed. No gaffs. Borrowed deck.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Sankey has a decent handling on his Anytime Anywhere DVD, called Solitary Confinement, I believe. Card can be signed. No gaffs. Borrowed deck.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Another brilliant signed card to card box is Solo by Mark Mason. The very clever gimmicks give this effect much finesse.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Signed card to card box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL