The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best night of my life!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Wow...don't even know where to begin...long story short, I had a show tonight in Virginia. 30 minute close up show suppose to be at 8, but they bumped it up to 7pm. So earlier today, my brother called me and said he had an extra ticket to the Little Big Town (www.littlebigtown.com) concert tonight at the 9:30 club in Washington D.C. Doors opened at 7, opening band at 8, LBT at about 9:15. Said I would try to make it. Anyways, I got there at about 8:30ish.

While there, my brother won a contest to go and meet the band after the show and got to bring a guest! He took me (obviously) and we went backstage. Took pictures, and then before we left I busted out the cards, asking if they wanted to see a few things. My hands were shaking like there was no tomorrow; a mixture of nervousness and adrenaline I assume, LOL. But wow, it went over EXCELLENT! And in the end, they were asking for some business cards. I am still friggin psyched right now, I can't even explain it!!!!!!

So yea, that was my night. WOW!

Pictures can be found at http://www.littlebigtown.com, click on Pictures, go to Meet and Greet. The video of me performing (they took it), should be up relatively soon. Hopefully in the next few days. Smile
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Fantastic,

Let us know know when they have uploaded the video!

Thanks and hope you get some business from them.

Tom.
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Hey Steve

Sounds like you had a blast, glad to hear it. Please keep us informed as to when they upload the video. Talk to ya later.

Rudy
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Absolutly great!
You go guy!
danielellis_5
View Profile
Loyal user
Sheffield
211 Posts

Profile of danielellis_5
Sounds brilliant steve.
Let us know when the video gets posted

Dan
Best quote from a spectator"I know how he did that,it was sleight of hand"(spectator then sits back looking pleased with himself)
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
It is a beautiful thing when lady fate smiles on one of us. Extra points for stepping up and doing some magic rather than being a wall flower. Man do you owe your brother come next Christmas!
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
That's awesome, Steve!

Performing for an artist you genuinely love is so much better then performing for some generic movie star. I had a similar experience with hip hop producer Ninth Wonder so I know the elation you can get from showing your art to someone who's art inspires you.

I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences?
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 11:51, Natanel wrote:
I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences?

I showed a few cards tricks to a couple wrestlers we were photographing backstage at a WWE event years ago. I was laid off about a year later.

I do mostly kid's shows and balloons now.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Magic-Steve,

I loved that you stepped up and did some magic! Thank you for sharing that your hands shook -- I often am quite nervous to show people tricks, and I try to walk through the fear.

For me, courage is not about being fearless, it's about feeling the fear, and going ahead anyway. : ) Sounds like the payoff was worth it. Congrats!

-Dan
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Now that you have calmed down from the initial shock - please don't forget to ask them for permission to post those pictures on YOUR SITE.

Money attracts money brother, any photos with celebrities are golden.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Hey guys...

Thanks for all the comments! I must say, it still brings a huge grin to my face when I think about it. I emailed the band's manager and am awaiting a response about the video. Smile

Thanks again y'all!
Steve
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 00:55, Magic_Steve wrote:
Wow...don't even know where to begin...long story short, I had a show tonight in Virginia. 30 minute close up show suppose to be at 8, but they bumped it up to 7pm. So earlier today, my brother called me and said he had an extra ticket to the Little Big Town (www.littlebigtown.com) concert tonight at the 9:30 club in Washington D.C. Doors opened at 7, opening band at 8, LBT at about 9:15. Said I would try to make it. Anyways, I got there at about 8:30ish.

While there, my brother won a contest to go and meet the band after the show and got to bring a guest! He took me (obviously) and we went backstage. Took pictures, and then before we left I busted out the cards, asking if they wanted to see a few things. My hands were shaking like there was no tomorrow; a mixture of nervousness and adrenaline I assume, LOL. But wow, it went over EXCELLENT! And in the end, they were asking for some business cards. I am still friggin psyched right now, I can't even explain it!!!!!!

So yea, that was my night. WOW!

Pictures can be found at http://www.littlebigtown.com, click on Pictures, go to Meet and Greet. The video of me performing (they took it), should be up relatively soon. Hopefully in the next few days. Smile

I can almost feel your excitement !! How fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 20:33, Magic_Steve wrote:
Hey guys...

Thanks for all the comments! I must say, it still brings a huge grin to my face when I think about it. I emailed the band's manager and am awaiting a response about the video. Smile

Thanks again y'all!
Steve

Excellent thing to post on your new web site!! Magician to the stars!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Congratulations!
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Love hearing about gold like this. Really happy for ya mate! Smile
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Thanks guys! I'll post a link here when they upload the video. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best night of my life!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL