The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cutting the cards into red and black (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

irontoaster
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of irontoaster
Hey guys, I was recently at a magic show and a close up artist came and showed us an effect. I love card tricks and pride myself on knowing at least how everything is done, if not being able to do them myself, but this effect baffled me. The magician had me pick a card, which I returned to the deck. He then went through the cards to show me that my card was still in there. Then he did a few tricky cuts and said he was going to cut them in half. He cut the deck in half and he had all the red cards in one half and all the black cards in the other. Then he said "Your card is the 2 of spades" and went through the red cards again and my card was in there. When he showed me that my card was still in the deck and went through them, I'm very sure the cards were missed up. I would love to know what this effect is called so I can learn it. Thanks.
The Mysterious Kid
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious Kid
A good version can be found on Kosty Kimlats DVD.
The Trick is called "Unshuffling the Colors"
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Stripper Deck version is far stronger than Cull method.

Hideo Kato
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Surely there should be some kind of post quota that needs to be reached before someone can ask for the method/source for a trick performed for them?

Yes, I know it's 'Magicians Helping Magicians', but what exactly qualifies someone as a 'Magician' these days? Signing up with a password?
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of james1a
Yes.
james1a
MikeMoLang
View Profile
New user
Ontario
23 Posts

Profile of MikeMoLang
In my opinion, pointing someone to the source so that they can purchase the info is fine. Whenever someone tells me that they want to learn magic, I offer lots of support but require that they go out and purchase Royal Road and show me the basic sleights before we talk further. I explain that this is required expertise for most of the stuff I teach and as soon as they show the commitment to learn it, I can help them.
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of martin1025
Quote:
On 2009-02-08 19:38, MikeMoLang wrote:
In my opinion, pointing someone to the source so that they can purchase the info is fine. Whenever someone tells me that they want to learn magic, I offer lots of support but require that they go out and purchase Royal Road and show me the basic sleights before we talk further. I explain that this is required expertise for most of the stuff I teach and as soon as they show the commitment to learn it, I can help them.

Exactly, I was about to post the same thing.
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of martin1025
Quote:
On 2009-02-08 19:38, MikeMoLang wrote:

Exactly, I was about to post the same thing.
irontoaster
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of irontoaster
Why do people bother writing condescending post? Surely the time could be better spent doing something else. Thanks to Mysterious Kid and Hideo Kato. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cutting the cards into red and black (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL