The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 Olivewood Chop Chalice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 00:38, MickeyPainless wrote:

Quit handing out your props and feeling guilty! You wouldn't hand out a flipper or shell coin so why a gaffed cup?!?!?

I couldn't agree more, Mickey.

I have yet to have anyone question a cup or insist that it is gimmicked in any way. Nor do I pass them out for inspection. I think to do so would bring undue suspicion to the cup...

I say let'em give us the credit for the magic. IMHO the cup should be seen as a simple tool - not the star of the effect.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Perhaps my initial post was flawed. I do not pass around my cups Smile nor would I with a wood cup. I simply was a little surprised to the method of hiding the gimmick... for being a RNT2 product, I expected they would have gone from the bottom and left the inside of the cup clean. However, great cup, great price, great magic.
-DJ
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
DJ,

With a stemmed chalice or goblet style cup going in from the base could weaken the stem! You will still be left with a "patch" which now is going to more in plain sight! There is yet another method where it is more along the lines of gaffing a metal cup but with the labor involved you'd be looking at a rather pricey item!

If you'd like to discuss finishing and maybe darkening the inside of the cup, please feel free to PM me!

Mick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 Olivewood Chop Chalice (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL