The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Looking for historical reference (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking to see if there are any references to the origins of the gamblers cop. Specifically I would be looking for a time period when the move first started being used (for any purposes) and possibly a text sourcre / reference. The earlier the source the better.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Dorian Rhodell
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Maybe someone can help you with the first time a gamblers cop appears in print but as far as it's first use, I would suspect that the first gamblers cop was probably executed sometime shortly after the first time monetary wagers were won or lost with playing cards. Although us magicians like to make a move out of everything, the gamblers cop is really no great leap of the imagination and might be the closest thing to what you might expect to see if the average sneaky layman decided to keep a card for him/her self from the deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Looking for historical reference (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL