The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » 15 mm rope in the UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I usually use 10mm rope, but wanted 15mm for a parlour trick, and could not find 15mm thick rope in the magic shops. I found this on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Soft-extra-thick-w......0%3A1318
It is soft cotton, and hollow, so ideal for gaffing. Be warned though, I think the main sales demographic is the bondage market!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 07:31, puggo wrote:
I usually use 10mm rope, but wanted 15mm for a parlour trick, and could not find 15mm thick rope in the magic shops. I found this on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Soft-extra-thick-w......0%3A1318
It is soft cotton, and hollow, so ideal for gaffing. Be warned though, I think the main sales demographic is the bondage market!

yes it is the bondage market also called Japanese soft rope. There are a few distributors. I left the links on another thread on rope.
better deals: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAPANESE-SOFT-BOND......0%3A1318

Or go to baroniantrading.com for larger quantities.

The really cool thing is that it comes in black!!
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Thanks for the info Ian. Do you know if it is 10mm or 15 mm?

PS I'm still practicing the 'Dances' routine!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
Is there a reason you prefer 10mm?
MrMisDirection
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MrMisDirection
Wow I must admit we don't even think about rope in MM here in the the colonies.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 19:16, whokebe wrote:
Is there a reason you prefer 10mm?

Has to do with the fingers covering the rope at integral times in the routine. If you take two widths of the 10mm rope, it is the width of your thumb, two widths of the 15mm side by side, excede the thumb. I play on the optics of the rope above and below my fingers and its just a matter of simulation and continuity. In general, there are rope pickups and c&r's that work well with any rope, but in my case size matters. LOL.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I always use 10mm, but wanted to try out 15mm hollow core for a parlour routine where the rope will be heavily gaffed (gimmick + other 'storage' possibilities).
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I sell some rope that is 15mm. If you haven't found any by now, let me know.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Thanks to both Frank and Ian for the information /advice. The e-bay link I posted initially was for 15mm, which I have now got, and is what I needed. I just couldn't track any down in the UK, which is why I put the link up there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » 15 mm rope in the UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL