The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
awimagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of awimagic
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 14:15, AMcD wrote:
What? Isn't it a nice SD?

indeed it is... it would be nice if you could make a video with no face up card... just to get a feel of how good it can look ... also shooting an SD video from above means one has a lot of confidence in the SD.. kudos
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hello everyone. I have a little internet time now, just wondering what you guys think about this.. I always _move_ the thumb, however, I do not lift the thumb, at least visibly so, IMO I should not lift it on my seconds eventhough I know I can, I have even made a video when doing it. I like the illusion but still, it won't be consistent with my other deals. I hope everyone is doing OK.

Kim
Xaethia
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of Xaethia
On the second deal the thumb was static, yes.
My brother changes his deal. Sometimes he has a static thumb and other times he pushes the cards out by lifting the thumb and sometimes moves his thumb without lifting it.
Just saying this because some people do use the static thumb (although, personally, I think it will draw less attention to you if you do move your thumb).
"Technique beats skill. Psychology beats technique. Philosophy beats all. Think about it." CrdShk
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I tried to watch the video ten times, but kept falling asleep.

That music was friggin reLAXING!
DonEngland
View Profile
1947 - 2015
Champaign, IL
258 Posts

Profile of DonEngland
In the interest of fairness I would like to say..
I was doing a magic trick.
I like the frozen thumb second in this context.
If I did the moves with a Bee deck and did the moves flawlessly then the trick
would make no sense.
I agree that the SD and BD need work and would never pass at the table.
I liked the music.
I posted this because I mistakenly thought that you guys would like the things
that I did NOT DO in this magic trick that are normally done.
I am looking forward to seeing a video of how you would do this, and I would
learn much I am sure. My effort was to use white borders and slow movements.
Thanks for the comments, feedback is how we grow.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
I liked it.

I also don't think the bad deal is overplayed in the least. The target audience is not us, it's laymen. In performing similar routines by Ortiz and Cummins, I was shocked at how bad I needed to make the bad deal before they believed that I was actually doing the move. I had people tell me "I could tell you weren't really dealing off the bottom to yourself" when I was and I was deliberately making it look bad!

Andru
awimagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of awimagic
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 13:33, luvisi wrote:
I liked it.

I also don't think the bad deal is overplayed in the least. The target audience is not us, it's laymen. In performing similar routines by Ortiz and Cummins, I was shocked at how bad I needed to make the bad deal before they believed that I was actually doing the move. I had people tell me "I could tell you weren't really dealing off the bottom to yourself" when I was and I was deliberately making it look bad!

Andru

dear sir, in my *limited* experience I have found that its not wise to categorize all laymen as same ... I live in a university campus and the crowd is real tough while the crowd back at home is quite easy. my comment is not aimed at you but to those who might read your comment and start to harbour a belief based on comments of some easy going crowd.

this is why there is a peer review system ... posting videos here and getting feedback from the experts is probably a safer way to judge one's abilities.

p.s. when I say experts I mean ppl who can perform the moves very well as well as those who may not perform them as nicely but can point out the mistakes by virtue of their vast experience.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Smile SD? what SD. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I liked it.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I thought it was good.
I thought the seconds were fine, who can honestly watch a video their own false deals and not see something to work on? I liked it.
I liked the bottom deals too, the only thing is that I saw the first bottom. I wonder if you have ever done it were you deal a full five cards in each hand, that way you can do a fake bottom deal on the dealers hand before you do a real one for the first player. That's just what I do, but I thought it was great.
I didn't realize it was a pseudo-center, with the angle and the neck tie it might as well have been real. I've mentioned on another thread that I feel weird about the idea of pseudo centers and prefer Marlo's step center, but like I said I couldn't really tell, so ultimately who cares.
Again, I liked it. Smile
Courtney Kolb
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL