The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suddenly Everything on My Computer is Upside-Down and Backwards! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I grilled my daughter, who still proclaims her innocence.

Even the mouse arrow - if you move the mouse down, the arrow goes up. Move the mouse to the left, and the arrow goes right.

The icons are upside down and words must be read from right to left. The start button is in the upper right instead of the normal lower left.

I went through some things (Control Panel, etc...) but can't find anything.

Does this situation sound familiar to anyone?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
What sort of computer? PC? Tablet? Could it be this? If so, it is easy to correct:

http://internetducttape.com/2006/08/01/s......de-down/

It could also be a virus, but if your graphics device supports the actions described at the link above then it is probably nothing as bad as that. Some additional comments at:

http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/q_and_a/20......ide-down
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Balducci, I could KISS you! Smile

It did end up being the "Control" "Alt" cure. It just hit me that I should have Googled first, but regardless of that, thank you for the assistance. It is MUCH appreciated!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Borack
View Profile
Regular user
Tampa Bay
109 Posts

Profile of Borack
I was going to suggest your computer starting speaking (err, is that the right word..??) Arabic or Hebrew !!!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Edit
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 18:40, Chessmann wrote:
Balducci, I could KISS you! Smile

It did end up being the "Control" "Alt" cure. It just hit me that I should have Googled first, but regardless of that, thank you for the assistance. It is MUCH appreciated!

Glad to have been of service. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suddenly Everything on My Computer is Upside-Down and Backwards! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL