The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escapes for a New Comer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Anyone have advice on where someone just getting into escape work begins? I know probably cuffs, but does anyone still do the Metamorphosis? Also what stuff do you avoid as to any handcuffs that are poorly done or look generic?

I have two volumes of the Novak series already. Have to order the rest of the set. Also does anyone have the Tarbell course in magic? What do you think of Vol. 6? Best of luck to all. Don, Smile
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Don,

I would suggest some starting by ordering something like John Novak's Selected Chain Escapes (I think it's volume 2 in his Art of Escape series).

The Art of Escape series has a lot of useful information and ideas, as well as giving you quite a few routines. I ended up getting all 8 volumes ... and have never regretted it!

Regards,

James.
jcs013
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of jcs013
Rope is always a good place to start. Many variations of ties and very cost effective.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki has some nice escapes for beginners in his book "Escapes For Teens" on my site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
daxi
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of daxi
I am fairly new myself & can confirm the chain escape is good as are heavy duty plastic ties. These used as thumb ties can be seen to be so tight that they change skin tone, can be seen to be real & ungimmicked, but still be a good starter escape.
The plastic ties are cheap to buy & people are use to them.
Rope thumb ties are to escapology what the cup & balls are to magic. You need to learn how to escape your thumbs being tied.
Karl Fulves, Self Working Rope Magic includes a couple & if doing escapology, it is good to know at least a little about rope magic, as some sit very easily with escapology & help to round the act.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Start with rope. The lessons to learn from it, apply to almost everything else.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escapes for a New Comer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL