The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » McBride vs. Marvey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Quote:
On 2006-03-11 14:18, magic4u02 wrote:
This is not meant to belittle anyone or the initial post at all. However, I must say that a question like this serves no real purpose nor can it really honestly be answered.

The reason is that each magician has his own unique style of performance that works best for them in their target market and for their target audience. Both do very well and what they do with their manipulative magic works for them.

We can ask which performer we enjoy the most from a magician's standpoint, and that is just fine. That then just becomes a personal opinion as to what you enjoy watching more. However, I do not feel we can say who is better at what they do since it is like trying to compare apples to oranges. Each performer has a unique style that works for them in their situation.

The manipulator needs to learn the fundamentals of the art and acquire the tools of the trade. Once these are learned, then it is up to the manipulator to take those skills and use them in new and creative ways that works for them, their style, their character and their market they are working.

The skills and foundations are the same, but the level and creativity of performance varies greatly as it should. each manipulator should strive to take and push the foundations of what they know and use them to move themselves into different creative areas.

I feel both of them do this equally well.

Kyle

I am not just questionning kyle, but those preceding him as well: Why do we have FISM then? Can't you simply argue oh I am just as good as him/her, I just have a different style...
That being said, I know both of them are better than me.
I find this to be such a cliche answer.
BTW, I like MrBride.

rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
lodidodi69
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of lodidodi69
They are both relly good, I like Marvey's card production better though because it seems more natural but I think McBride comes of as he has more skill. Although Marvey is my favorite even he won 2nd place at FISM because 1st place went to Takamitsu Uchida so even the FISM committee saw a better card manipulator that day. I have seen Takamitsu Uchida's FISM act and I must say it can win any championship, regular cards, jumbo cards, jumbo fans and flourishes, a whole lot a crazy stuff.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
They are talking about Takamitsu here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......0&28
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » McBride vs. Marvey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL