The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Wanted: Deacon Dan Shell History (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Tom,

Wanted to ask you about the history of your shells. Is there a myth or 'true' story connected to how you made them and your peas. Who is Deacon Dan? How old were you when you learned to make them? Tell us myth or tell us truth...I would like to add it to my presentation while useing your shells. Being a Christian, I am always interested in shifty pastors, preachers and deacons that have an interesting back ground. Maybe this isn't even on track with your history of coming to make these beauties?

Also, have you come up with any moves different than other shells that are unique with your shells?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Scott M
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Scott,

I have been in the process of writing a book telling a story of a teenage boy, in a small Oklahoma town that learns a lesson about life and human nature. A story were the teen encounter a charismatic conman called Deacon Dan, but bear in mind, if there are any similarities with any real life individuals it is mere coincidence. Smile

At this time, I only have two chapters and I don’t want to tip any part of the book for now. I do wish I had learned the why and how of discipline where it applies to my art and my writing, that way I would get more than a chapter every two years completed. Smile

Here is a link to a post that might be insightful as to the character of Deacon Dan. http://scoundrelsforum.com/index.php?top......msg18665

Respectfully,
Tom Bartlett
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Dan told me a story about when he was married to his first wife and was a deacon in a small church. He, the preacher, their wives were all in their early twenties and became friends out side of church also. Deacon wife bragged to the preacher’s wife about his size and sexual prowess which lead to an affair, scandal and divorces. When he first told me the story in his Rex Allen type voice, I kind of felt like he had been the one wronged. It did not take me very long to observe he never missed an opportunity to make a good looking female aware of him being well endowed and he most likely had always been like that, so his story, I'm sure was slanted like just about every story he ever told.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
This is great Tom...thank you for this. I will check out the scoundrels forum more often.

I too am working on a book and the discipline of sitting down and writing is hard for me. But, I have something in my heart to write and in time, I will. It is on my personal journey and observations of transformation.

Like many, I would love to read what you come up with and want to encourage you to hit the keys more often...develope a daily or weekly discipline to write out what is in you. Hell, submit it to a few of us or those you trust, as a motive to write.

If anything else comes to mind, I (we) would love to read it.

Thanks for your contribution to our art!

-Scott M
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Geez, I just started liking my Deacon Dan shells way more than I already do........if that's possible.

If anybody wonders about the quality vs. price of Tom's shells................just buy them and be thankful that Tom's even making them.

Wishing no ill befall Tom, I can't see these being made forever..........and I can't see anybody just "picking up" Tom's quality and concept.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I read in an older post of some guy taking black walnuts and making a resin cast with them...don't know if he ever did anything with them.

Yea, I don't want to put a wammy on Tom, but I also had the thought of "what would happen if something happened" and this resulted in going in for learning more about these shells.

I don't want to get these type of shells from anyone BUT Tom...resin ones do not even interest me. The real deal is the way to go for me. But, if cost is an issue and would help some get them, then maybe that would help some.

I am saving my pennies for another set as a back up.

When I first got these shells, the thought of "Is that all there is" came into my mind. After working with them, and showing them to others, I knoticed that there was a LURE to them that brought curiosity and mystry with them. I got hooked. I love the look of them and the REALNESS they visually have. From what I read about these shells, they are HARD and difficult to make, so this adds to the appreciation. Resin cast immitations would not have the appeal to me.

The thought to 'make my own' came to mind. As with anything GREAT, to copy someone is a compliment, but would be crude. I have the skill and patience to do something like this, and in a world of rip offs and competition, it may even make a small amount of cash. But, it is not in me to do. BUT IF THERE was ever a time an apprenticeship offered...whoo hoo...I would be all over that!

So, to renounce any ill befall to Tom, I wish blessings and a long happy and prospering life!

-Scott M
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Wanted: Deacon Dan Shell History (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL