The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » 2D animation (2 iThread units) and hands free control (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I posted this in the other post with the first hands free speed control for the ithread. But I thought I'd post it here separately as well because a lot of magicians have expressed wanting to see 2D animation with the iThread.

Here's the set up. I'm wearing one iThread on my like you'd wear an ITR. I can control this iThread with my hands free control (So I can turn the speed/tension up and down). The other iThread unit is on a wall and it's set to a medium speed. By turning the one I'm wearing up and down the floating bill cam move toward me or away from me. I can also walk toward or away from the floating bill (IE: turn mine up at the right speed as I walk toward the bill).

I still need some practice with it. Controlling it without your hands takes getting use to. So sometimes the movement is a little to jerky for my liking. But you'll also see that it can be smooth motion when it's done right. I'll keep practicing and eventually it'll be smooth motion. So look for more videos to show my progress with it.

I'm so excited about this hands free control. It's allowing me to do things I've never seen possible with a close up reel. I feel like an IT newbie again. LOL

So if you've been waiting to see some 2D animation with the iThread. Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqs0leKWmG0

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Nice, can see some interesting applications
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks.

Think about this. If you want to do a dancing butterfly. The one on the wall can be programmed to jump around (Bounce). The other one just make it float out and back (Either a program or you control it with the hands free control). So one will keep it bouncing and the other will control it's direction of flight.

The one on the wall can be built into a bottle, box or jar. So make it flutter around, in and out of jar, back to you, Over audience, To a lamp post or flower, Etc...

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » 2D animation (2 iThread units) and hands free control (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL