The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Madoff gets Life (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I hope that he gets it every night from those lives he ruined in his greed. I am sure his children were in on it. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree in families like theirs. I am happy that he will spend his remaining life making only 18 cents an hour. I hope he then rots in hell. LOL!!!
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Mark Madoff is a coward and I am not suprised he off'd himself. Maybe there is justice after all. Maybe he couldn't live with himself after helping to destroy the lives, futures and dreams of others. I am not happy to hear this news, but I am not sad about it either.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
"How can anyone NOT be an "amateur" at suicide? "

gdw-

It is a dark subject, I know, but that was worth applauding...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Dr K was something of a professional while he was in practice.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 21:15, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Dr K was something of a professional while he was in practice.
the learning curve is very steep. Start by NOT trying to hang yourself with a dog leash, unless you want to experience an excruciatingly painful death, or worse, botch the job...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gaddy is right, hanging is about breaking the neck not strangling yourself. The guy blew it and thus went through more torment than need be.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I would think that the sons in the business would have had to know, though I guess there's a slim possibility they didn't. You'd think there would be some kind of confession, given the suicide plans. But of course the other son is alive, and perhaps he didn't want to incriminate him. Poor Bernie, if he just could have held out a little longer he would have gotten a bailout. BTW, have you read how Peter Orzag, Obama's ex OMB director, just took a multimillion dollar job with Citibank--the very bank that he bailed out as a federal official.

Bernie, as the Yiddish proverb goes, the fish stinks from the head.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 20:42, BYUDAD wrote:
I hope that he gets it every night from those lives he ruined in his greed. I am sure his children were in on it. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree in families like theirs. I am happy that he will spend his remaining life making only 18 cents an hour. I hope he then rots in hell. LOL!!!

Mark Madoff is a coward and I am not suprised he off'd himself. Maybe there is justice after all. Maybe he couldn't live with himself after helping to destroy the lives, futures and dreams of others. I am not happy to hear this news, but I am not sad about it either.

Wow - sounds like you are privy to quite a bit about the personal details of this family. A real insider. That must mean you were in on their crimes, too.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
The two sons worked as traders at a subsidiary firm not directly involved in the ponzi operation.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
We'll see how it shakes out...the trustee's suit will be continuing.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 21:10, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
"How can anyone NOT be an "amateur" at suicide? "

gdw-

It is a dark subject, I know, but that was worth applauding...

About 40 years ago in my hometown, a man jumped off a railroad bridge with a rope tied around his neck, intending to hang himself. The bridge is 14' 6" high, the rope was 20' long. He broke both of his legs and lived on as a laughing stock of the town for the next... well, still actually.

About 32 years ago, a woman jumped out of her downtown apartment window in her suicide attempt. Her window was above the power lines so she got caught on one. She reached out and grabbed another one and plan B worked.

Amateurs!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Dang, if he had used a shorter rope his head would have popped off. My buddy in the Navy tried to hang himself (his wife, an amazingly attractive ex stripper/hooker) had screwed him over big time and he was clearly upset. We cut him down and he was okay and we took him out for a good time. Terrible thing. The good part is the Navy nailed (ha!) his wife for stolen goods and stuff like that so he ended up the winner at the end and she became the hottest convict in federal prison for a year.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 23:14, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 20:42, BYUDAD wrote:

Wow - sounds like you are privy to quite a bit about the personal details of this family. A real insider. That must mean you were in on their crimes, too.

LOL! I am not in on it. I would have to be an idiot to think that his greedy family didn't have anything to do with it. As far as I am concerned they are all guilty and deserve everything that happens to them.

Patrick
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Since I am not getting credit for these post I will not post in this section. LOL! It is all about the post number.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Dude, you are the wildest BYU dad I've ever seen and I've had, uh, relationships with many a BYU coed (god bless the fella's who went on missions leaving their girls behind....neener neener to you). I like ya!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Madoff gets Life (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL