The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Posting A Photo In The Post? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I,m still confused.

How do I post a small picture IN THE POST, not as an attachment?

And please be very specific, I am not too computer literate!

Thank You
wsgumby
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
OMG. This person has been waiting for an answer since 2009!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's one thread with the answer:

--> Magic Café thread titled... Can ...... a post?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW
http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop.html#force4

I put the whole url into my signature but it did not shows as a link.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Something has changed in the Café causing the site to no longer play well with photo hosting sites. See this thread for some recent info.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
TH1, nothing has changed in the Café. The link you provide clearly states that it is a change in photobucket. A simple solution is to save the photo on your own hard drive and link from there.

Chicane, here's a link from the FAQ which should answer your question about signatures.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/faq.php#signature
Where the magic begins
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On 2013-06-09 06:59, Dave Scribner wrote:
TH1, nothing has changed in the Café. The link you provide clearly states that it is a change in photobucket. A simple solution is to save the photo on your own hard drive and link from there.

Okay...well, it looks like Imgur.com changed as well. FYI, PhotoBucket and Imgur still work on other forums that I participate in -- so don't know if standards are changing and the Café isn't keeping up, or its something that has always been inherent in the Café's coding, and it is just now coming up as a potential issue.

In any event, can you suggest a free photo-storage service that hasn't changed, and is still compatible with the Café's standards? Any suggestions would be appreciated by several of us on the Café.

Thanks for your time.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:

Okay...well, it looks like Imgur.com changed as well. FYI, PhotoBucket and Imgur still work on other forums that I participate in -- so don't know if standards are changing and the Café isn't keeping up, or its something that has always been inherent in the Café's coding, and it is just now coming up as a potential issue.

In any event, can you suggest a free photo-storage service that hasn't changed, and is still compatible with the Café's standards? Any suggestions would be appreciated by several of us on the Café.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry, I can't make any photo storage suggestions. Photobucket is working for some members and I've never heard of Imgur. My suggestion to save the photo on your own hard drive and link from there seems to be the best solution if you're having trouble.
Where the magic begins
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 16:47, wsgumby wrote:
OMG. This person has been waiting for an answer since 2009!

LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Posting A Photo In The Post? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL