The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Converting Tricks to a Spooky/Haunted Halloween Theme for Kids Mostly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John J Walton
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John J Walton
Can anyone make me some suggestions as to current tricks that can be converted to a Spooky/Halloween theme routine. If this is the wrong forum please let me know. There were a couple other spots I wanted to post to but they were locked.

Examples:
I recently purchased the MAK Fraidy Cat Rabbit item. I am going to replace the Rabbit with Ghosts since it seems much more natural (to me) to use Ghosts with the BOO and OOB routine.
I am trying to create my own Halloween Coloring book as well.
I am also trying to use an Aqua Vase to turn water into Red Blood and Back to Clear water again from a Holy Water container if I can get the right chemicals needed to change the color of the water.
My own made set of Canary Cards with maybe Bats and Pumpkins on them.

I have things ready to do with Change Bags and Take Apart Boxes, etc, but that is just using the item as is and using spooky things with them.

If you can suggests some Halloween tricks please do. I am looking into the Ghost Gavel, Ghost Box and Haunted Die Box to use as made as well as standbys like Haunted Hanky, Frankenstein Silks, etc.

Thanks much for any suggestions.
John
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
It's the wrong forum, you must look at the Fellowhip of Christian magicians forum for all things religious...
John J Walton
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John J Walton
I was not looking for anything religious. I'm a little curious why you think it should be in that area.
Thanks
John
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
What specifically will be the theme of the show? Halloween?

If so we have loadsa threads on spooky Halloween shows, with some amazing idea's... Like the zombie pumpkin jack o' lantern...

Go search... If you need more specifics then fire away.

Also search Bizarre/scary/haunted children's/kids magic and related stuff...

Good luck.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
John, I see that you are new here, so let me welcome you. I feel I must tell you a few things, however. The Curator referred you to the Christian magicians forum -- in part, I believe -- since you did mention changing water to blood and back again in a holy water container. That's religious. Halloween is a religious holiday (to some, at least). And, of course, he was pulling your leg a bit, I think.

Also, just about everything you mentioned as Halloween tricks are things that ruffle the feathers of bizarrists. We don't do "tricks." We do theater. We tell stories, we conjure up demons, we talk to the dead, we eat roadkill, we stick pins in dolls and make things move by themselves, and all sorts of terrible and insane things. Some are fakirs, some are witches, some are sorcerers, some collect strange things, and some will eat children.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 12:44, Bill Ligon wrote:

...we talk to the dead, we eat roadkill,...
Bill

You talk with your food Bill ?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 12:44, Bill Ligon wrote:
Also, just about everything you mentioned as Halloween tricks are things that ruffle the feathers of bizarrists. We don't do "tricks." We do theater. We tell stories, we conjure up demons, we talk to the dead, we eat roadkill, we stick pins in dolls and make things move by themselves, and all sorts of terrible and insane things. Some are fakirs, some are witches, some are sorcerers, some collect strange things, and some will eat children.

Bill

Of course, only Bill does these things for real. The rest of us accomplish them by using magic tricks. Shhhh!

Meanwhile, try the Little Darlings section, where they discuss this topic all the time... usually in October when it is too late to do anything about it. My own Web Site has many articles on Halloween TRICKS, specifically, The Wizards' Journals #4 and #14, but also some of the other issues.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Hah! LOL! My mother always told me not to play with my food. She never said I couldn't talk to it!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Spellbinder, you guys do tricks? I never knew! Why didn't someone tell me? It would have been a lot easier.

Bill
John J Walton
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John J Walton
Bill and all

Thank you for the clarification. I do enjoy some of the things you mentioned so will probably check here from time to time.
I love the story telling aspect (theater) of spooky things. I am trying to write some horror stories. I have a great storyline I created for the Haunted key trick that scared the pants off my Grandkids and a few others. I love to scare people.
I have a real Voodoo Doll I got in New Orleans many years ago.
I will try to check back at times and see if I fit in with the group here.

Thanks
John
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Yes, stay with us. I really meant the welcome, John, and we can make you fit in! Muahhhhhhaaaaahaaahaaaa!

The Haunted Key with a story is right up our alley, John! See, you belong here already!

(I still wish they had clued me in to the trick thing, though....)

Bill
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Bill loves to help people fit in with his new chainsaw...
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Sir
John,

You may be more "bizarre" than you realize.

Standard magic is wonderful because it mystifies the spectator; it introduces them to the unknown.

Bizarre magic capitalizes on a fundamental principal of human nature... most people are terrified of the unknown. Weaving magic into the nightmares of mankind is what we do.

When a person reads a ghost story, he is free to close the book at anytime, thus, leaving the fear within the reassuring confines of fiction.

When bizarre magic is performed, the spectator is forced to confront the possibility that something dreadful has just manifested right before their eyes.

If you enjoy magic predominantly within this context then you, my friend, are in the right place.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Converting Tricks to a Spooky/Haunted Halloween Theme for Kids Mostly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL