The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Review 17: The Paper Rose Video – Docc Hilford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 17: The Paper Rose Video – Docc Hilford

AD:

In about ten minutes, this private video lesson will teach you Docc Hilford's impromptu method for making a paper rose, complete with a leaf, from an ordinary cocktail napkin. This is the same bit of business used by pros around the world to upgrade from Coach to First Class, receive superlative service in hotels and restaurants, and generally charm any lady, anywhere.
Our friend Richard Webster used it to save a cruise ship gig, when he discovered that none of his audience could speak English, and he could speak no Chinese!
This is not a trick, but rather one of the most delightful bits of business around. As Docc Hilford tells it, he was initiated into the art by an ancient in Paris — Texas, that is. He has taken this simple (when you know how) bit of business, and turned it into something of a trademark.
As with any great bit of business, there is more to it than just knowing how to do it - you need the correct presentation. Without the right shtick, you're just juggling a piece of paper! On this video, Docc shows you how he does it, giving you the kind of input you need to devise your own presentation.
This is not a trick or a mental miracle. It is not a cure for cancer. It is one of the most charming bits of business that you can add to your repertoire. You can have Docc's Paper Rose for just $24.95.

REVIEW:

As usual, unbelievably overpriced video from the Floras gang. The patter is not particularly convincing, but the folding procedure is clearly explained and – let’s face it – the effect always get a great reaction from our beloved ladies.

Overall rating: below average (buy it only if you can’t find the effect anywhere else!)

H.
obi-wan
View Profile
New user
UK
83 Posts

Profile of obi-wan
Thanks for the review.

You say to only buy this if you can't find the effect anywhere else so could anyone recommend a good source for this effect?

Thanks Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Here are a couple of sources FREE on the web:
http://members.aol.com/linnyandmo/rose.html

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/crafts/crafts33.html

This one is one of the best sites. Show how the rose can be changed to a turtle, racing car,or space ship.
http://charliethejugglingclown.com/napkin_rose.htm
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
Magicbuilder,

The last website you mention is great - probably I should have saved $24.95 + shipment

H.
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
Fantastic help..
Thanks Magicbuilder..
Smile
obi-wan
View Profile
New user
UK
83 Posts

Profile of obi-wan
Thanks very much Magicbuilder, just what I was looking for.

Thanks Smile
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
thank you very much for your honest and helpful reviews. The links are well worth checking out.

thanks

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Glad to be of service. I did a search last year to save buying the video myself.
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Nowadays..... too many videos and props out in the market... However, I think 78.45% of them shouldn't have published.

I remember Michael Close has once said something like this before, but he did the calculation wrong.

Michael Lam Smile
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Yah, this seems to be a cash grab like Cardini's cards. I was sad that Cardini's famous trick was reduced to a peice of junk like that trick.

Lee
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
And boy do the ladies love these !!!!!!!
More than a real rose, because you made it!!!
Sometimes I even add a little rose water scent!!!
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hey MagicBuilder!!!

Your Jason Michaels!!! That psychic that Al Mann wrote about.

You used to be Devon Knight.
Great to see you here!
Cheers,
James

Quote:
On 2003-05-15 17:25, magicbuilder wrote:
Glad to be of service. I did a search last year to save buying the video myself.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I use the lightest material I can find and make the rose, then float it to their hand.

If an ugly girl with a BIG head at Rock'in Rodeo then asks for one, I'll blow my nose with it and toss it to her. Don't want to send out mixed signals!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MagicoStu
View Profile
New user
UK
17 Posts

Profile of MagicoStu
Just for info: I think the Paper Rose routine is also used on one of Docs Bar Magic vids, possibly Vol 3??

However Magicbuilders info is as good as your gonna find

Stu
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Review 17: The Paper Rose Video – Docc Hilford (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL