The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pressure 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
If anyone out there is using T11 new effect "Pressure" in their walk around sets and is not happy with the clean up ending...you may find interest in this...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&31

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Christopher,

Just make sure you don't use a heckling 10 year old girls phone or you may give her emotional issues that scar her for life! Smile

:lol:
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

RIGHT! I'll keep that in mind! LOL!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I don't see anything different. You're still using the exact same clean up once you pop the balloon...
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-30 20:00, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I don't see anything different. You're still using the exact same clean up once you pop the balloon...

Not at all. TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Phase 1 is the same. my method allows you to fully inflate the balloon....let go of the bottom openly...tie it and hand it to the spectator. All of that is totally different than the T11 version...

The spectator can take out the phone once you pop the balloon if you wish bc the clean up occurs automatically while they hold it. All I did in the demo was pull the phone out...but my neighbor certainly could have done it herself.

My explanation explains how do make sure that happens each and every time.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

No offense, the original handling is more straightforward and works. There are so many aspects of this handling that make no sense: the shape of the balloon once you've blown it up with the phone inside, the lack of movement on the phone's behalf, the fact that you have to blow it up just to pop it open, the hole ends up underneath the phone once the balloon is popped, the phone ends up perfectly inside of the balloon after you've popped the balloon... I certainly won't stop anyone from buying Pressure 2.0, and I sure don't think that you need my permission to do so, but I personally don't find it worth it. Not to mention they will most likely have condensation all over their hands and they will be grossed out.

I do think this is a very cool self-working (the cleanup, not the blowing up) clean up, but for me it's impractical and adds much more risk than just sucking it up and executing the clean up like it's taught in the original handling.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Quote:
On 2009-03-30 20:50, PatrickGregoire wrote:
No offense, the original handling is more straightforward and works. There are so many aspects of this handling that make no sense: the shape of the balloon once you've blown it up with the phone inside, the lack of movement on the phone's behalf, the fact that you have to blow it up just to pop it open, the hole ends up underneath the phone once the balloon is popped, the phone ends up perfectly inside of the balloon after you've popped the balloon... I certainly won't stop anyone from buying Pressure 2.0, and I sure don't think that you need my permission to do so, but I personally don't find it worth it. Not to mention they will most likely have condensation all over their hands and they will be grossed out.

I do think this is a very cool self-working (the cleanup, not the blowing up) clean up, but for me it's impractical and adds much more risk than just sucking it up and executing the clean up like it's taught in the original handling.

don't you think that if the balloon is re-blown and held in there hands there is no doubt left in there mind?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-30 20:50, PatrickGregoire wrote:

There are so many aspects of this handling that make no sense: the shape of the balloon once you've blown it up with the phone inside,

There is nothing wrong with the shape. Now if you try and go full steam ahead...then yeah...it's gonna look funny. But blowing it up as much as I did on the demo is just fine.

Quote:
the lack of movement on the phone's behalf,

I talk about this in my explanation. If you start shaking the balloon around it will be obvious the phone isn't going anywhere. But when you set the balloon IN THEIR HAND, they can see it inside...there is no doubt in their mind that they just saw a miracle!

Quote:
the fact that you have to blow it up just to pop it open, the hole ends up underneath the phone once the balloon is popped, the phone ends up perfectly inside of the balloon after you've popped the balloon...

This is all stuff that NO LAYPERSON would ever even think about.

Quote:
but I personally don't find it worth it.

That's ok...you don't have to buy it. Your choice. = )

Quote:
Not to mention they will most likely have condensation all over their hands and they will be grossed out.

Well that happens now with the T11 method too...lol!

Quote:

I guess we will agree to disagree. = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Lyle, with your clean up, they have NO CHOICE but to be left with condensation all over their hands (most of the time, since there won't always be condensation). With the original clean up, you don't have to hand the balloon to them. I don't. With this, you end up with a slob fest in their hands. As for shaking the balloon, why wouldn't you? Isn't the point of blowing it up to prove that it's really inside? The first think a normal person would do is blow it up and shake it to prove that it's inside. That's why it's weird. As for the shape, I agree that it could look good and round, but in your video it looked wrong.

Yes, agree to disagree.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Quote:
On 2009-03-30 15:21, Christopher Lyle wrote:
RIGHT! I'll keep that in mind! LOL!

Why did that one get locked? It looked like a healthy debate to me.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Well, you can always place the balloon in their hand as a convincer. Then say, look for your self. Oh, there might be some condensation in the balloon, so before I pop it please let me take in my hand. Then all of you go one step back or lean back in your chairs" and then pop it in your own hand. The convincer is not that it is popped in their hand,but that you actually place it in their hand.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

It's actually a NON ISSUE. Magicians worry about things that regular folk never even think about. I've never had anyone say "oooo...it's all wet." Plus there are measures you can take to ensure LESS condensation on the balloon....

The Topic got locked b/c T11 and I came to a financial and crediting agreement and everything has been resoloved.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Ryan_B_Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Sugar Grove IL
244 Posts

Profile of Ryan_B_Magic
Hey Lyle the effect looks great do you have to use the baloons from Air tight?
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

In the demo, I was using a 12" yellow balloon from Wal-Mart b/c I had nothing else and was in a time crunch to get the demo out. Since, I am using 11" Round/Clear Balloons used with Needle thru Balloon. You can usually buy a bag of 100 thru your favorite magic retailer.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
The clear balloons are better, and is stretching better when you have to "clean up" especially if you use the method from T11. I think these ballons are made of a better material - maybe I'm wrong.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I don't see the link on your page for buying this anymore...
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Kevin,

Theory 11 and Chris came to an agreement. Theory 11 sent me Chris's version via download.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I just found out that 2.0 has been pirated and now available on all the torrent sites....

You know you have arrived when your being pirated....lol!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-04-21 20:51, Christopher Lyle wrote:
I just found out that 2.0 has been pirated and now available on all the torrent sites....

You know you have arrived when your being pirated....lol!

LOL, congrats Chris. Now you've hit the big time!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ashton Kutcher takes a pic of he and Letterman and Dave mentions Ammar performing Christopher Lyle's trick at 00:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMoDIFj1LTU
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pressure 2.0 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL