The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » True Astonishments discs... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
I understand that the TA discs will be able to be purchased individually in a short time.

I wonder if the single price will be less expensive if purchasing the 9 because the box and gaffs are not with them. To be honest I think this cheapens the whole concept. Very disappointetd in this news.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Not everyone has $300 lying around. That means they can not purchase the set. True Astonishment was, is, a 9 DVD set put out by Paul Harris as A SET. It was not a series it was a set of 9 DVDs. It was hyped to the nth degree as Pauls Legacy this and that and to be honest I believe for the most part it lives up to the hype. Having said that it only cheapens the set by now making it available in parts. In my post original post I wondered if the DVDs could be purchased singly at a cost less that $300. If that is the case I would assume that the response from the distributors to that would be that you do not get the box or the gaffs. My response to that is who cares? I purchased what was hyped to be Pauls legacy etc. the best thing to come around since canned beer and sliced bread (of course I understand hype and take it with a grain of salt). However I am sure that I am not the only one who feels cheated that now this et will be sold in seperate DVDs (would have been nice to know this in advance). Remember this was not a series it was a SET. By a series I am referring to such DVDS as "No Camera tricks", or "Osterlinds Mind Mysteries" etc. these were never considered a set but a series. While I guess it was a good marketinig ploy and I use the word ploy as I feel that that is what it was a ploy not an above board deal. Would I have purchased the set if I knew they were going to be offered seperately? Not sure. It would depend on the price if they are $50 each and cannot be discounted as the set was not allowed to be discounted the answer is probably yes. However if they are Priced (retail) at $35 and disconnted the answer might well be no. But no matter how you cut it, it cheapens the whold concept that was hyped from the beginning.

Just my opinion and we all know about opinions.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It was clear to me before I purchased that the discs would eventually be available as single discs. It was a frequently asked (and answered) question.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
It was definitely made clear before hand that the discs would someday be made available individually. Does it cheapen things? I don't think so. While I think they are best as a set, for those who can't afford them all at once, I'm fine with them getting them one at a time.

Will that cause more youtube vids and exposure? I doubt it. There will be something newer and more exicting for the kiddies to expose by then.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I am sure that at some point, they may be made available individually, but not anytime soon.

From where I sit, I cannot imagine buying them individually. This set is a package.. an experience.. and something very very special...

Buy the set.. stop buying other thinks if you must, but get this set! It is well worth it!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 20:57, Tom Cutts wrote:
It was clear to me before I purchased that the discs would eventually be available as single discs. It was a frequently asked (and answered) question.

I have to say then that it is my bad for I did not know or read that this SET would be marketed individually.

I am only on Disc 3 so far and I find the set very well done and like both the way presented and the effects. Just would have made me feel better if it was sold only as a set as it will not affect the value which one can derive from the DVDs just affect the collector value.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I didn't know the discs would be available individually before I paid for the full set. I suppose everyone is trying to make a fast buck nowadays.

Had I known I would have waited an bought two of the discs only. There's some real tripe amongst the others imho.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » True Astonishments discs... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL